Liquid Inspirations

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from workinforwood

workinforwood

Here's a couple Liquid inspired pens I just finished up. The first one is a dragon with a 360 water spout and the second is Rain Dance in Deep blue and white. They are both parker style pens with finial twist, the dragon pen has a clip but it is on the opposite side of the dragon.

I think these pens will do good in the upcoming scrollsaw competition next weekend.

Attachments

• water1.jpg
    water1.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 279
  • water2.jpg
    water2.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 254
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wizard

Jeff, They are beautiful!!! I ordered one your blanks from Exotic Blanks and am excited about turning. I would love to see them get more of the Lunar Chaos blanks. They have sold out.
Regards,
Doc:)

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
I'm pretty sure you will do very well in the scrollsaw competition!!!
Both are excellent but that dragon is outstanding!!!:eek:
Well done Jeff!!!

workinforwood

Thanks guys. That dragon is just a mish mash of different drawings I was playing with...they are not as easy to draw up than when you envision something in your mind. It's blue but it is blue/green, so as you turn it, the dragon changes to a different shade..pretty neat for us guys anyhow ...oooohhhh, ahhhh, shiny reflectin sparkly! :biggrin:

I love making these pens! I didn't have time to replace the nib on the dragon pen because it's so hot outside and I had to work this morning and the rest of the week will be hot and I'll be busy, but last weekend I was able to build two pens of this style with nibs in 4 hrs flat. After you do it a few times, it becomes really simple since all the guess work has already been done. Slowly all my ballpoint pens will be like these only. They are more interesting to me, they show more material and the twist action seems to be smoother from the top than twisting a pen in the middle.

Last edited:

Buzzzz4

Jeff, I really like the design. Your blanks are fantastic, and I really enjoy seeing what you are creating with that metal lathe. Way to go!

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
Nice stuff Jeff. What I particularly like is that you have come up with a pen design that is unique to you. There are only a few on this site that I can tell who made the pen just my looking at it and you are definitely one of them. We have long been able to spot your blanks and now you have evolved to yet another level. May have to make a clip like your dragon one of these days.

Top Bottom