The Lion of Judah

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from BRobbins629

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
Homebrew PR, ebonite trim, and sterling sliver clip.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• LOJ Open.jpg
    LOJ Open.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 784
  • LOJ Closed.jpg
    LOJ Closed.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 783
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OKLAHOMAN

Now that's even better looking than those dancers on Dancing with the stars.....well maybe not but still way cool.

Last edited:

RAdams

Banned
Now THAT is how you shoot for the front page! Amazing pen! My jealousy of your skills is sure to inspire me!

workinforwood

That's a real beauty Bruce. I really like your crest. The only part of the pen I don't like is the skinny nib piece. It makes the pen look like it swallowed a bic. Other than that, I think this could be my favorite pen you've made.

jskeen

I Love the pen overall, excellent craftsmanship. I am a little curious just how raised the crest is, and how it effects the "feel" of the pen, does it "bug" you when you write with it, or make you feel like you have to turn the pen so it's up? I would definitely think this one deserves a FP section and nib. Even if the customer did not order it as a FP, the small price of a spare section would be more than justified, just in case some future owner would like to use it. Of course if it's for sale, as opposed to a custom order I would think it would bring a much better price as a FP than a RB, but that's just me.

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
John - a relief is just another name for a raised sculpture - makes it sound more like art:)

James - I too was a little worried about how it would feel. The crest is about .020" high in the border and the lion at its peak is about .060". In my hands, the way I hold it normally, it doesn't interfere at all, but if it did, you could easily rotate it out of the way. Its deceivingly tall so the relief is pretty far from the nib. As for the FP or roller ball, its an easy conversion and most of my pens are now fountain pens, but this writer requested a roller ball.

seamus7227

Wonderful craftsmanship Bruce! I enjoy viewing each new pen you bring to the site just to see the way you design them. Love the clip, are there any tutorials on how you make them?

Seamus Rooney

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
Wonderful craftsmanship Bruce! I enjoy viewing each new pen you bring to the site just to see the way you design them. Love the clip, are there any tutorials on how you make them?

Seamus Rooney
Thanks Seamus - I have not done a tutorial, but to many who have asked how I make clips, I always recommend taking a few jewelry making classes. That's really where I got started. My early ones were fabricated from brass or silver which can be learned in a basic class using hand tools. For the most part, now I carve the clips in wax and have them cast in silver. I have cast a few myself, but find it more economical to have it done. For this portion, look for a class in lost wax casting. There are a number of youtube videos on this as well.

CHEF

Did you ever meet the Lyon of Judah-------------I did in the 1960,s Before he was killed???---------------------Brian--------------------

Grizz

Banned
Sweet! We have a lion in our Crest. Could be sold to folks like me. well, sorta.

PR_Princess

Hey, I recognize that clip!!! :biggrin::biggrin::rolleyes:

Really quite an amazing pen Bruce!!!!

But, you did it to me again!:mad: Every time I see one of your new pens, I think "He can't possibly get any better than that!".... But

........Then you do!!!!:cool::biggrin:

Top Bottom