See more from barrels

barrels

Hello All,

Mahogany, spray lacquer finish, rose engine lathe

Comments appreciated

line%20of%20work%20Publication1.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PaulDoug

Very nice. That kit usually look short and stubbby to me. the groves make it look longer and slimmer. I like that treatment. I your rose engine a boughten one or a homemade one? I have the plans for a homemade, sure like to hear from someone that has made it.

barrels

Paul,

I have a rose engine made by Lindow/White. It is a very nice unit, from what I have read and experienced with the rose you need a lot of resources to be able to build one. I have visited the Lindow location and he has quite a machine shop. There is a web site that supports the building and use of the rose engine http://ornamentalturners.org/

Thanks all for the nice comments.

PenWorks

I to do not like the pen kit. But the workmanship is stunning. [:0] Reminds me of the Graf von Faber. I tried to do fluting on my
Legacy with mixed results. Very sharp Eric, just another reason to consider this machine, with money buring holes in my pockets :)

PaulDoug

Originally posted by barrels

Paul,

I have a rose engine made by Lindow/White. It is a very nice unit, from what I have read and experienced with the rose you need a lot of resources to be able to build one. I have visited the Lindow location and he has quite a machine shop. There is a web site that supports the building and use of the rose engine http://ornamentalturners.org/

Thanks all for the nice comments.

The one shown on the homepage at that site is the one I have the plans for. Looked like it would be a fun project, but a lot of time and patients needed to build.

Top Bottom