Linda's Sierra

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from IPD_Mrs

Status
Not open for further replies.

IPD_Mrs

OK Got the new Jet lathe today and being the wonderful husband that I am (cough) I let Linda do the first turning. Since she got it first then I felt it was only fitting that she do the whole thing. Now mind you she has pretty sensitive skin and CA can cause her some problems. I pulled out the trusty *blue* shop paper towels. Not that they work better than a paper sack or a dirty sock but they do better at keeping CA off of the fingers and hand. Well this is her first CA finish [:0] ever! I think I am ready to move the recliner to the shop as well as the beer fridge and I can sit back and watch her put on a finish. See what you think. Comments encouraged. Be brutally honest as I cannot. (Hate sleeping on the patio) [B)]

This is a two tone amboyna burl (mostly sap wood) in a chrome Siearra kit with a CA no BLO finish.

20078125320_SiearaLK1%20002.jpg

20078125356_SiearaLK1%20003.jpg

20078125418_SiearaLK1%20004.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

winpooh498

I think it looks beautiful!!
We just got our new 2nd jet last week and I got to turn on it first! Shane has a "real" job to pay for me to stay home and make lots of wood chips (ok and raise the kids) [:D] Now we can get the recliner out of the shop, cause he dosen't have to sit and watch as much. [:D]

Dawn

Radman

Wow... better watch out, she's going to take over the shop! Pick her up some nitrile gloves from harbor freight or one of the borgs. They offer good protection against CA.
[8D]

IPD_Mrs

Thank you all for your wonderful compliments. I have to admit I have avoided the CA finish feverently but figured I better give it a shot with the pen swap here as I wanted to be able to do a nice finish for my partner instead of the natural finish I tend to use - Mike did a pretty good job teaching me I think. [;)]

I seriously do appreciate all the feedback - I have learned a great deal reading over Mike's shoulder here - (well when you guys aren't trying to get him in trouble with the women jokes of course) [:p]

Linda

IPD_Mrs

Thanks guys! Wasn't really sure about the two tone at first - actually considered it "junk" wood when I first saw it - I've sorta come to my sense though. Keep in mind that I am a blonde (and I use that to my best defense when NEED be [}:)][;)]

Linda

Radman

Originally posted by MLKWoodWorking
<br />&lt;&lt;&lt;SNIP&gt;&gt;&gt; Keep in mind that I am a blonde (and I use that to my best defense when NEED be [}:)][;)]

Linda

Wow..takes a man to admit that... er wait a minute...nevermind[;)][;)]
[8D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom