Lin Bayford White Cedar Burl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Jgrden

Jgrden

I hope this does you justice, Lin. Here is what was able to be produced out of the blanks you sent to me.

Pens - 4-14-11 Cedar Burl from Lin British Columbia.jpg

pens - 4-14-11 Cedar Burl from Lin British Columbia 2.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

What a pretty piece of wood, you got there mate.

Certainly something you don't see everyday, and I saw/see a lot of it...!:wink::biggrin:

No doubt, you like to use Cigar kits, you should have a good discounted price for the quantity you use, huh...???:eek::)

Well done...!

Cheers
George

ctubbs

Jon, congratulations. That is one beautiful pen. The timber complements the hardware perfectly and the timber is outstanding.
Charles

lorbay

Nice work John, I just love that wood. What did you think of the smell??? Did your wife accuse you of smoking a joint in the shop.?

Lin

Jgrden

Nice work John, I just love that wood. What did you think of the smell??? Did your wife accuse you of smoking a joint in the shop.?

Lin
That is a funny story. The wood seemed heavy and wet. Although I dried this one out in the microwave, gently, I was able to use alcohol and acetone to dry out the surface enough to turn.
The other three blanks still needed drying, in my uneducated opinion. I put them in the micro wave and set for 1 minute. Then, because of my age and related forgetfullness, reset it for another minute. Well I have never seen so much SMOKE in my life. All of our food for three days after has this nice smoky cedar taste to it. When I opened the door and the smoke poured out I could count the seconds before Mary hit the alarm - "is something on fire?"
Took about an hour to clear the air. What an event. I do, however, like the smell.

Jgrden

What a pretty piece of wood, you got there mate.

Certainly something you don't see everyday, and I saw/see a lot of it...!:wink::biggrin:

No doubt, you like to use Cigar kits, you should have a good discounted price for the quantity you use, huh...???:eek::)

Well done...!

Cheers
George
I wish I could find a discount. The best offer was WoodnWhimsies who had a gun metal/gold for $3.99. I bought all I could afford and they are all used up. Now back to paying $3.99 for 24 k gold and $7.99 for the good stuff.

Top Bottom