Limited Edition Statesman - my bad!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Mickey

Mickey

It's a long story but I'll try to keep it short. The Limited Edition Statesman pen was made completely with mammoth ivory. Came out great! Later the top cracked badly along more than one line. Major investment down the drain. Decided to try and repair. In taking the top apart I damaged the center band. I could not locate another piece of mammoth ivory or a center band for the Statesman. I decided to go with a two tone look using black acrylic and made another center band using a piece of the black acrylic and a piece of walrus ivory.
What do you think?

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

broitblat

I think -- it doesn't seem to look anything like an emperor (at least from the side view), but it does look like an elegant, good looking pen. What you've done with the center bank really makes the two-tone thing work well.

-Barry

Mickey

AH-ha! You're right Barry. I just realized it's the Limited Edition Statesman. Thanks
Correction made.

PaulSF

The two-tone look might be my savior, since I always manage to screw up at least one barrel for each pen I attempt!

bitshird

It's a nice save, but what a shame to crack the Mammoth Ivory, I'll bet it would have been a thing of beauty, The centerband does look very nice and connects the two sections well.

Rum Pig

Shame about the MI but as they say they are the breaks or should that be cracks:biggrin:

You have made a fantastic save well done and I like the centre band very nice:)

fernhills

I like the two tones and the Statesman pen. They are bear to take apart though. Now that you changed the CB can you sell it as a LE ? Nice work. Carl

Jgrden

Beautiful pen as long as the new owner isn't told it is a step child to the real thing.
I'd have it in a minute.

Bree

Good save. But you know, when you get a problem like the one you had, why in the world wouldn't you stop, snap some PIX, and come here to ask the peeps what they would do and how they would do it?? This pen and the rare material might have been saved in its original concept.

It's like asking for directions when you are lost. I know you guys don't like to do that BUT it works really well! Try it.
:cool::cool::cool:

Top Bottom