Lilac slimline

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wicook

Status
Not open for further replies.

wicook

If I remember correctly, the lilac this pen came from had purple flowers. The wood is almost white with yellow and purple streaks...very nice. The lilac bush/tree grew beside the farmhouse I grew up in, and my Dad (82 yrs. old) cut the blanks from the branch.

Thanks to Eaglesc who suggested that I post the pen in this discussion.

20052654637_Slimline-Lilac-Ellen.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Brent

I really like the colors and grain of wood. I think this is the first time that I have seen lilac. I think the ladys would go for these. Bill if you are married I bet your wife will snatch this one up

elody21

Very beautiful! Lilac is one of my favorite woods!! Last year I was fortunate enough to aquire 10 75 year old lilac bushes!!!!!!!!!! The neighbor had dug them up to put in a wooden fence. My largest lolid piece weighs over 7 lbs!!! Anyway this is a really nice pen!! Doesn't it smell great when turning!!!

opfoto

Very nice pen. Question... How long before the lilac is dry enough to turn?? Ball park guess. Thanks. I have some that need to be thinned out this year. Hmmmm.

Chuck C

Beautiful pen. Is good that you can look at that and have it bring back pleasant memories.

jrc

I make about 1000 lilac pens a year and I cut the sticks about 18" long and quarter them stack them for at least 6 weeks and then cut them into blanks and let then dry for another 4 to 6 weeks. I'm cutting now and it will be May before I start using them. Don't put them in the sun or if they have any purple in them the color will fade.

Gary

Originally posted by jrc
<br />I make about 1000 lilac pens a year and I cut the sticks about 18" long and quarter them stack them for at least 6 weeks and then cut them into blanks and let then dry for another 4 to 6 weeks. I'm cutting now and it will be May before I start using them. Don't put them in the sun or if they have any purple in them the color will fade.

You make a 1000 pens a year in one wood, and your web site says you also make them in 8 other woods. What do you do in your spare time?

Originally posted by jrc
<br />I make about 1000 lilac pens a year and I cut the sticks about 18" long and quarter them stack them for at least 6 weeks and then cut them into blanks and let then dry for another 4 to 6 weeks. I'm cutting now and it will be May before I start using them. Don't put them in the sun or if they have any purple in them the color will fade.

Boy, I'd like to see that lilac farm that is producing that much wood every year. It must be beautiful when all those lilacs are blooming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom