Lilac Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from lorbay

lorbay

Made this pair yesterday, they are Lilac blanks I cut last fall and I microwaved them for 4 min on med to finish drying them. 10 coats of thin CA, micromeshed to 12000 and 1 coat of 20-20 plastic polish. Finished in a Le Roi T/G. As always comments good or bad welcome.

Lin.

Attachments

• Lilac Pen 1.jpg
    Lilac Pen 1.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 246
  • Lilac Pen 2.jpg
    Lilac Pen 2.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 182
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MarkD

Nice Pens! I have a bunch of Lilac drying now. It's hard to tell from the pictures but the lilac I have has some beautiful colors in it. I hope mine will look as nice.

RHossack

Very nice!

You just reminded me that I have a Lilac Root blank sitting on the lathe table I drilled and did nothing with. Need to see if it looks anywhere as nice as yours.

ohiococonut

Nice! I wondered what Lilac looked like. My daughter sent me cell phone pics yesterday of a dead Lilac she dug out of her yard. Claims it's spalted, we'll see. Now I'm anxious to get it.

lorbay

Thanks for the comments people. When I took it home from my buddies house in the green state I had no idea it would look like this. I gave them to him and his wife for Canada Day July 1st, they couldn't believe their eyes when they opened the box.

Lin.

Top Bottom