Lilac Garden Fence Longwood

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from td

td

Banned
This cast was lilac silk flowers with just a hint of macro pearl. I painted the inside of the drilled hole white. The short piece is amboyna burl. The kit is a Longwood and I augmented the existing CB w/ a hand-beaded CB to give it a "garden fence" feel. I'm not sure how the beading will hold up to the twist mechanism. We'll see. Thanks for looking and/or commenting.

1_Liliac_Garden_Fence_Longwood.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Grizz

Banned
I love the lilac silk flowers! Not sure if I like the wood with it. I'd like to see your blank used with something in Rhodium or Black Ti.

td

Banned
This pen kit came from Penn State. #PKLONGPEN

Thanks to all for the comments. I have a Jr. Majestic in Rhodium & Black Ti but I will have to recast as I am all out of these blanks.

andyk

Since I'm a rookie to casting; Did you have to cast that under pressure? Nice looking pen by the way. Personally I like the wood on the lower half. I have turned that kit and like it as well.

td

Banned
Amboyna burl is just about my fav.... I just couldn't stand to see that little piece of blank sit there..... but what a great idea!! any idea where I can get some lilac wood?

rjwolfe3

Want me to sneak over to my neighbors lilac and "collect" some of it for you?:devil:

Actually I have a very large lilac in my yard but I think my wife might object to me cutting pieces from it, lol.

Top Bottom