Like Father Like Son

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from BSea

BSea

A few days ago I posted a Lignum Vitae pen called the Neopean from Lau Lau woods. It basically an oversized Euro that uses a parker refill. It was also my 1st pen made from Lignum Vitae. I promised in that post to compare it to the euro, and here's that comparison.

The euro comes in at just over 5.5 inches long, and measures .47 inches at the centerband. The Neopean is slightly longer at just over 5.75 inches, and is .56 at the centerband. I should point out that I do custom centerbands on these style pens, and both pens may have a different diameter from the stock centerbands. And some of the difference in length is due to the centerbands. And I just kind of eyeball what size I think looks good, and go with it. So all my euros will vary a bit from each other.

Here are a few pictures.

I also didn't put a finish on the Euro. I'm going to carry it for a few weeks & see how it holds up to use. The neopean has been exposed to direct sunlight for a few hours a day over the last two days. It has developed a touch of green, but it does show much in the pictures. However, it did darken a lot because of the exposure to sunlight.

I thought I'd measure the stock centerbands for comparison. The Euro is .51" in diameter, and .23" thick. The Neopean is .56" in diameter, and .47" thick.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

plantman

They both look great Bob !! I like the custom look of a pen that is not the run of the mill size, and has the alternative centerbands added. Great craftsmanship !! Jim S

BSea

Thanks for the nice comments guys. I just wish the QC was better on euros & slimlines. It seems like almost every other one needs some tweaking to get to work correctly. If they even work at all. If they were more consistent, I'd probably make them 90% of the time. The euro seems to appeal to both men & women.

nice grain on the darker pen.

Pitoon
Actually, I think the grain in the lighter one is more interesting, but the lack of a finish didn't let the grain pop like the darker one. But I'll bet in a month or two, the smaller one will look better.

I am really impressed with the way this wood polishes. The 2nd one I used 400, then 600, and burnished the wood. It feels like glass.

Top Bottom