Lignum vitae Executive ballpoints

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from qquake

qquake

These are Executive twist ballpoint pens, with lignum vitae blanks. I don't know if they're "real" lignum vitae or Argentine, but I really like them regardless. They both have some nice grain. I finished them with Watco Danish Oil. Very happy with these.

Attachments

• lignum_vitae_69.jpg
    lignum_vitae_69.jpg
    263.2 KB · Views: 311
  • lignum_vitae_70.jpg
    lignum_vitae_70.jpg
    255.5 KB · Views: 243
  • lignum_vitae_71.jpg
    lignum_vitae_71.jpg
    270.4 KB · Views: 239
  • lignum_vitae_72.jpg
    lignum_vitae_72.jpg
    202.1 KB · Views: 239
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DHappold

They are good looking pens but I don't believe they are true lignum vitae. I recently turned a lignum vitae nautical pen for a Navy Chief and over a period of a month it turned from a yellowish color to a dark green. He loves it especially because of the history of the Navy and lignum vitae.
Duane

vfxdaddy

These are Executive twist ballpoint pens, with lignum vitae blanks. I don't know if they're "real" lignum vitae or Argentine, but I really like them regardless. They both have some nice grain. I finished them with Watco Danish Oil. Very happy with these.

Those look nice! I just finished up a pen with the lignum vitae and I think it turned out very nice. I finished it with Doctor's Woodshop's pens plus. I have started to use this on every pen and they turn out great.

Attachments

• Federal.jpg
    Federal.jpg
    246 KB · Views: 132
  • Federal_2.jpg
    Federal_2.jpg
    256.9 KB · Views: 130
  • Federal_1.jpg
    Federal_1.jpg
    263.6 KB · Views: 135

qquake

Very nice! I love the Federal pen kits. Do you know if that's "genuine" lignum vitae, or the Argentine version? Mine are Argentine. I did this Civil War pen with genuine lignum vitae, but it doesn't have nearly as much figure.

Attachments

• 035.JPG
    035.JPG
    231.8 KB · Views: 161
  • 036.JPG
    036.JPG
    226.9 KB · Views: 155
  • 037.JPG
    037.JPG
    243.6 KB · Views: 159

vfxdaddy

Very nice! I love the Federal pen kits. Do you know if that's "genuine" lignum vitae, or the Argentine version? Mine are Argentine. I did this Civil War pen with genuine lignum vitae, but it doesn't have nearly as much figure.

I'm not sure if it's genuine or not. I will take a look at the end grain tonight when I get home.

vfxdaddy

I'm not sure if it's genuine or not. I will take a look at the end grain tonight when I get home.

So I looked and it the real deal.

Top Bottom