Ligero and Statesman Jr,

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wayneis

Status
Not open for further replies.

wayneis

This teal green Ligero came out better than I hoped. The spalting on the cap mixed with the light area's that just glow really set it off. The Statesman Jr. is an Spalted Afzilia Sapwood blank that I sent to Steve from River Ridge Products to have stabilized, in fact all of these were stabilized by Steve. I really like his work.The El Grande is a Spalted Maple and he stabilized that one also. For a buck a blank you just can't go wrong :D

Wayne

20041112222259_DSCN4259.jpg

20041112222330_DSCN4260.jpg

2004111222243_DSCN4264.jpg

2004111222252_DSCN4275.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wayneis

Forgot to add that the green Ligero is finished with Enduro, the El Grande maple has no finish just the stabilization and MM and the Statesman Jr. after I used MM to 12000 I used TSW for a satin look. Thats a little change for me as almost all of my pens I use the Enduro for the main finish, just wanted to try something different on the last two.

Wayne

wayneis

Thats the trick Bev. Personally I have friends and relitives that are good customers and then my own Doctors are becomming very good customers as well. The trick is to not only find the people who have the money but the individuals who have an appreciation for nice thing and most importenly the value of nice things. I started out giving my Doctors and their nurses a pen as a gift and then a few months later showed them some of my new and improved versions, they were hooked. Now at least one of them wants to purchase some for Christmas presents. Those people are out there you just have to find them. I always take one of my best pens out with me in a nice leather case any time I go anywhere. I just love to see the look on some peoples faces when I start to write a check and get out one of my Gentlemen's or Statesman's pens after they offer me a bic. I always take the big full size and when they comment on the size I tell them that I can always make it in the Jr. size.

Wayne

Gary

Wayne...may I ask your source for the leather cases you mentioned in this post?

Originally posted by wayneis
<br />Thats the trick Bev. Personally I have friends and relitives that are good customers and then my own Doctors are becomming very good customers as well. The trick is to not only find the people who have the money but the individuals who have an appreciation for nice thing and most importenly the value of nice things. I started out giving my Doctors and their nurses a pen as a gift and then a few months later showed them some of my new and improved versions, they were hooked. Now at least one of them wants to purchase some for Christmas presents. Those people are out there you just have to find them. I always take one of my best pens out with me in a nice leather case any time I go anywhere. I just love to see the look on some peoples faces when I start to write a check and get out one of my Gentlemen's or Statesman's pens after they offer me a bic. I always take the big full size and when they comment on the size I tell them that I can always make it in the Jr. size.

Wayne

wayneis

Gary there are two choises that I know about for the leather cases. One is Bill Baumbeck, he has some nice black cases that are real leather and will hold all pens right up to and including the new Statesman. I don't remember just what I paid but they were resonably priced. I bought ten if I remember right he has a price break at ten. The next is Anthony at Penworks. Anthony is the same one that posts here all the time. His a are very nice Italian Leather cases but they are expensive. If you look at some of the photo's that he has posted of his pens, he has some of his cases in the pics.

Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom