A Liberty, Post Graduate and Graduate

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from kyaggie

kyaggie

It was warm out today (relatively speaking (~52°)) so I made it out to the barn for some lathe time... here is what I came back to the house with. The first two photos are a Liberty Stainless Steele with buckeye burl (what a wonderful kit), the second two photos are a Post Graduate with spalted cypress (thanks Steve Crawford) and the last photo is a Graduate with buckeye burl.

Mike

Attachments

• LIB002BuckA-IAP.jpg
    LIB002BuckA-IAP.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 232
  • LIB002BuckB-IAP.jpg
    LIB002BuckB-IAP.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 237
  • PGRAD001CypA-IAP.jpg
    PGRAD001CypA-IAP.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 252
  • PGRAD001CypB-IAP.jpg
    PGRAD001CypB-IAP.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 219
  • GRAD004BuckB-IAP.jpg
    GRAD004BuckB-IAP.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 206
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SDB777

That spalted Cypress is very nice....thinking it might have had to have a few baths in some thin CA during the turn:rolleyes:

Sure shined them all up nicely!

Scott (totally jealous, you got a barn) B

plantman

Fantastic grains on great looking pens.Steve realy comes up with some fantastic wood. He sent me some spalted cypress with my last order, but I haven't turned any yet. I think I know what I will be doing today. Jim S

kyaggie

Thanks for the comments. The cypress is a crosscut and it was fairly dense and had an oily feel to it as I was turning it so it didn't get a CA bath until I put the finish on it (3 coats of thin, then 8 coats of thick followed by MM through 12,000 and satin and gloss Stick Fast polish).

Mike

PenPal

Michael,

You have impeccable pens great taste, execution, perfectly adequate display impressed me beyond the normal in every way proving space taken with huge oversize multiple pics can be whupped as you have done. I know some in their entire making have only dreamed of supreme blanks such as yours all in the one turning session.

Congratulations for making my day yes such blanks exist and you have proved it no flukes there only care and craftsmanship. You set a high standard.

Kind regards Peter.

kyaggie

Wow, thanks very much for your very kind words, Peter. Sometimes things just happen to go right! May such days come around more often for both of us!

Take care,
Mike

Top Bottom