This Lever Action is a real Corker

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from bpgoldo

bpgoldo

I wanted to try out one of my new "Cork Wood Resin-Fils" blanks from that wizard down under George at Bits O Timber. Didn't know what to expect, nor how to best use the "wood-to-resin" orientation. Wonderful looking blank in it's raw state. If you don't know what I mean, visit George's site. You'll see instantly. So, my design philosophy seems to be, when in doubt....jump. The wood is a combo of dense heartwood and very soft Cork bark. It ain't brain surgery, but it's also not easy. With an extra bit of care, very sharp tools, and patience to stop and check a lot on how it's cutting, the finished results can't be compared with any other blank out there...(Oh you George!) I put it on a Lever Action, and the short barrel matched the cut of the blank. Sangiovese....Bloody good!

Attachments

• LEVER ACTION-SANGIOVESE 102 kb.jpg
    LEVER ACTION-SANGIOVESE 102 kb.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 355
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

I wanted to try out one of my new "Cork Wood Resin-Fils" blanks from that wizard down under George at Bits O Timber. Didn't know what to expect, nor how to best use the "wood-to-resin" orientation. Wonderful looking blank in it's raw state. If you don't know what I mean, visit George's site. You'll see instantly. So, my design philosophy seems to be, when in doubt....jump. The wood is a combo of dense heartwood and very soft Cork bark. It ain't brain surgery, but it's also not easy. With an extra bit of care, very sharp tools, and patience to stop and check a lot on how it's cutting, the finished results can't be compared with any other blank out there...(Oh you George!) I put it on a Lever Action, and the short barrel matched the cut of the blank. Sangiovese....Bloody good!

Well, I wouldn't have described the final results any better...!

Yes, they require some careful handling, I've said that a million times but the final results are just something else and that is the only reason why I spend my time making them, they are as difficult to make as they are to process/turn but, I'm OK with that for results like these, congrats...!

Cheers
George

OZturner

Very Spectacular Pen, Brian.
Excellent Blank, from George, Difficult but Very Well Handled,
Looks Great on the Lever Action Pen, though for my taste I would have preferred, to have the Blank, a little thinner.
Though there may Doubtlessly be many reasons, why it was left a Bit" Over Weight",
Regardless,
Congratulations and well Done.
Brian.

Top Bottom