let's try the polychromatic again...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ahoiberg

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahoiberg

ok, i took my time with new batteries and came up with a much better picture(s) of this pen i posted the other day...

laminateddesign1.jpg

laminateddesign2.jpg

thanks fer lookin'...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ahoiberg

to be perfectly honest, i was so excited to try this method, i forgot to note all the woods used. i was just grabbing blanks at random out of my jungle of a wood box to try and get some neat color combinations.

one is purpleheart for sure and another is carob for sure... other than that i forget...

alxe24

Nice lines and wood band. I'd probably try some wood that contrst a bit more to show your work better. Some woods blend to much and takes from your work. I could be the picture or actualy the effect you were after.

ahoiberg

thanks for the kind words...
i should have taken a pic of the back of the pen, the contrast is a bit better there. and the camera didn't do it much justice... the tricky part with this was finding the 1/4 of blank and matched up best with the next 1/4 piece of blank. unfortunately, i couldn't put them together how i wanted, rather i had to use whatever edge was straightest with the next edge. i hadn't built my blank cutting sled yet... all the better to try next time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom