Let's See if Anthony Has to Scroll

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wdcav1952

Status
Not open for further replies.

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
These are a couple of acrylics. One I posted but the picture was not worth looking at. The cigar is one of Ernie's copper kits with a Woodturningz bronze acrylic. The Sierra is chrome with the Lava Flow blank from Woodpenpro. Comments welcome.

pper%20Cigar%20and%20Lava%20Flow%20Chrome%20Sierra.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenWorks

Man....I make one lousy suggestion and I get dragged over the coals [:D]
I must say, it did improve your picture taking or sizing tremendously.
Nice pens William, never saw a copper cigar before, looks pretty sharp.
I would be curious to see how it wares. I think you should use it for a month
and give us a report back. Thank you for not having to make me scroll to see your
maaarrrrvelous work. Now if I can be a little more knit picky, you should not have
your pens touching each other in the photo, give them a little breathing room [:D]

;

Randy_

That Sierra sure is purty!!

Funny thing....there is another post running about the kit you least like in which I posted a strong vote against the Polaris/Patriot kit. In terms of the overall shape, the two kits aren't a great deal different and, yet, one I love and hate the other. Interesting how relatively small differences can make such a large difference in ones perception of a particulat kit!!!

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Thanks all, especially my photography coach in Cave Creek. [:D] Randy, I agree with you. I don't think my Polaris/Patriot bushings will be getting much use now that the Sierra kit is out.

wayneis

As for how long the copper finish will last, there was a post at Yahoo about this where I believe it was Ernie that did a buffing test and it hung in there similar to the titaniums but only time will tell for sure. I bought a few and I believe that it takes more care when picking out blanks that go with them than many of the other finishes.

Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom