Lets Play Twister......

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from PenWorks

Status
Not open for further replies.

PenWorks

Here are my first completed pens made from the Legacy Mill.
Some have a twisted effect vs a perfect spiral. I have posted a pic of the mill in "Penturning"
Thanks for looking.

2005942325_twist_slim.jpg

2005950641_twist_baron2.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wpenm

Very nice work Anthony. Guess I'll have to look into another toy for the shop. Just when I think I have a well equiped shop someone has to go and get something cool.[:D]

alamocdc

About the time I think that there hope for me creating anything close to what you've doen, you go and post something like this. I give up. Uncle already. Very nice, Anthony![:D]

its_virgil

And you may not get them put together before I get mine finished...yea right!. The look great Anthony and you will only get better at it as you do more. No spirals for me yet, so I guess you win. Glad you've got the L-200 working for you....and I hope you have as much fun with it as I've had with my MillLathe.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

PenWorks

Originally posted by its_virgil
<br />And you may not get them put together before I get mine finished...yea right!.

I had to use some type of tactical ploy, not knowing how far the competion was from completing one [:D] I mean, I know you got it out of the box, so that makes you dangerous. [:p]

Thanks for the comments, round two coming soon [:)]

vick

Very nice Anthony. The Buckeye on the left and the Baron in the middle look best to me. The Baron looks like a monster but the more I turn pens the bigger I like them for some reason.

Deere41h

Anthony I can't believe that you have lowered yourself to making <b>slimlines</b>! Those are the first I have seen from you.

Nice pens....Sure looks like fun.

JimGo

WOW! Those are SWEET! Great job all around Anthony! My wife even peeked over my shoulder and asked who made THOSE - unfortunately, she didn't believe they were mine. Oh well!

PenWorks

Originally posted by vick
<br /> The Baron looks like a monster but the more I turn pens the bigger I like them for some reason.

Mike, wait till you see the Gent ![:0]

John, those are aged slimlines to boot [:D] I almost couldn't fins them from the dust on the bags.

Tom, I sanded very little on the lathe, pretty much just the ends that I had cut back. Most of it, was hand sanding in my chair, with MM. The router cuts really clean and actually the sanding wasn't that bad.

Thanks for the comments

PenWorks

Originally posted by woodscavenger
<br />Those are neat looking. How much for one of those mills?

Shane, they are 359.00 mill only, The Porter Cable trimmer is about 100.00 plus mandrel, & bits. I got it from a member here for 350.00 for everything.

Isn't that right Rich [:D] [}:)] [:D]

Darley

Originally posted by PenWorks
<br />
Originally posted by woodscavenger
<br />Those are neat looking. How much for one of those mills?

Shane, they are 359.00 mill only, The Porter Cable trimmer is about 100.00 plus mandrel, & bits. I got it from a member here for 350.00 for everything.

Isn't that right Rich [:D] [}:)] [:D]

Anthony very nice pens, would be tempted to buy one of this legacy.

Shane look at this site

http://legacywoodworking.com/products.cfm?product=36

PenWorks

Originally posted by knottyharry
<br />Wow, Super job.I'd like to see a picture of this setup if possible.
Harry

Here you go Harry..........
http://www.penturners.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9010

chigdon

I think they are great. The legacy is a toy I have been thinking about. I think I like the one 2nd from the left that has the most subtle twist. They really are unique no matter what.

nilsatcraft

Great set, Anthony. I've seen a lot of twisted pens but those are among some of the better done ones for sure. Legacy is right down the street from us so I'll have to stop in and see their setup. Thanks for posting those!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom