Lest we forget...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from BradG

BradG

Kitless (apart from th nib.. I have a few which need using so seems daft not to use them)

24ct gold plated - In memory of our soliders

Back in 2003, I spent 6 months in Iraq on a USMC base working with the marines and the memories I have from the friends I made there I will hold for the rest of my life. With this in mind, I pay tribute to the USMC with their memorial dominating the pen's lid

marine-corps-war-memorial.jpg

Here is my artwork, which i altered the text on the lid due to size restrictions from fallen heroes, to simply our hereos.

attachment.php

Ive photoshopped a couple of the pictures so you can see the pieces from different angles, though even so, these pictures don't do the pen justice.

Most certainly a collectors piece which wont be used - but will stand proudly in my collection.

As always, thanks for looking. :)

Attachments

• pic1.jpg
    pic1.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 476
  • pic2.jpg
    pic2.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 405
  • pic3.jpg
    pic3.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 470
  • pic4.jpg
    pic4.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 422
  • pic5.jpg
    pic5.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 1,125

BradG

Thanks for commenting guys :)

Outstanding pen. I was in Al Asad in 2003 for a while.

Good to hear :) I was there before the war officially began, based on Apod in Kuwait at the airport, then i moved up to Camp Coyote in the desert when the war started and we pushed towards Basra. We relocated up to the Iraq border not long after.

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager

Good to hear :) I was there before the war officially began, based on Apod in Kuwait at the airport, then i moved up to Camp Coyote in the desert when the war started and we pushed towards Basra. We relocated up to the Iraq border not long after.
I know the area well, spent a good part of my career in that area.

BradG

Loved it until the camel spiders and scorpians started coming in the tents lol

197120_1021643815386_1770_n.jpg

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager

Loved it until the camel spiders and scorpians started coming in the tents lol
You just step on the spiders and eat the scorpians and you will be okay....LOL

cozee

Awesome pen! By the way, Marines are Marines, soldiers are Army. I don't care what the media says!!!!

Semper Fi!!!

BradG

Brad this is amazing.

Lin.

Thanks for commenting Lin

You've made yourself a priceless memoir there Brad. Hats off to you for your service. Beautiful work on this pen.

Thanks Chuck, yes has a bit of sentimental value associated with this one

An amazing pen.

Tony
Thanks Tony

That's awesome Brad. A really priceless memoir.
:)

You're an artist!!!!!!!!!!!
Regards,
John
Wouldnt go that far... you should see my paintings :biggrin: would look great hung on a primary school wall. would blend right in.

Great stuff. Thanks for honoring the USMC (even if I am Army).

Its in honour to all forces, not just the marines :wink: Your role is just as respected and important in my books. Thanks for your service

And anyone else who has been or still is apart of the

Royal marines
British Army
Navy
Royal airforce
SAS
US Army
USMC
USAF
US Navy

Awesome pen! By the way, Marines are Marines, soldiers are Army. I don't care what the media says!!!!

Semper Fi!!!

Im British, so you're all soldiers, sorry :wink:

Pjohnson

Those are fantastic. One of my buddies is going back to Afghanistan in February. Thinking of ideas for a pen for him.

These are inspirational!

BradG

Those are fantastic. One of my buddies is going back to Afghanistan in February. Thinking of ideas for a pen for him.

These are inspirational!

The worlds your oyster, though limited to your current skill level :cool: Have you considered having a go at a bullet twist pen? Ive seen some guys make some fancy 50 calibre round pens too. pretty sure that would go down well.

wizard

Brad, I've never commented on a pen twice...but this one has a special meaning to me... that to this day I cannot even talk about. I've come back to look at this pen multiple times and think of friends that sacrificed... their names will never be known. Thank you.

BradG

Brad, I've never commented on a pen twice...but this one has a special meaning to me... that to this day I cannot even talk about. I've come back to look at this pen multiple times and think of friends that sacrificed... their names will never be known. Thank you.

Then why don't you look after it Doc :wink: PM me your address and il ship it over to you

Sawdust46

Brad, you continue to amaze me. You have made beautiful pens and readilly shared your techniques, now you honor the Marines. Thanks from an old Marine Vietnam vet.

Top Bottom