Less talk, more work........

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from PenWorks

Status
Not open for further replies.

PenWorks

I have been busy at work and at play. Gotta make some pens for a show, but still experimenting with flats, spirals and some new material. Thanks for looking :)

2005914163113_FLAT_TWIST.jpg

Brown Stripped Ebonite
2005914163345_ebonite_brown.jpg

Combo Round/Rope
2005914163511_DSC01098.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
Beautiful work... AS USUAL...
My personal favorites are the Brown Stiped Ebonite and the Flat....
As beautifully executed as the rope design is, for some reason it just does not do it for me...
but then again no one ever accused me of being a knowledgable critic.. [:p]

btboone

I like the combo best. There's a unique flair, but not over the top. The pen body still fits the pen shape well. I like 'em.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Anthony,

The rope LOOK is great! As usual, I have to ask how will it sell???

I realize you don't know yet, but please advise as you show it-will people BUY a rope twist? Is it comfortable to write with?

Again, it is IMPRESSIVE to a bunch of pen makers, including me!![:)]

vick

They all look great Anthony, to my eye the spiral seems to work a little better on the Gents, than the jr. The striped Ebonite looks fantastic as well.

PenWorks

Ed, I am making a bunch for the San Fransico pen show, That will be a good idea how they will sell. They feel good in the hand. But I really like the way the flats feel. We will see.

Thanks for the comments.

nilsatcraft

Awesome pens...."AS USUAL" (my thoughts exactly, Griz). Anthony, how about making an ugly slimline just to make us feel better about our turnings. Maybe one with some tear out and a bad fit, perhaps a bad finish and an assembly problem. No? OK, well keep those amazing pens coming then. [;)]

PenWorks

Originally posted by nilsatcraft
<br /> how about making an ugly slimline just to make us feel better about our turnings. Maybe one with some tear out and a bad fit, perhaps a bad finish and an assembly problem.

I tell you what Nils, I used what few slim lines I had laying around on my first go around. The duaghter got one and so did the wife, So that should tell you something. I don't give first line pens away [:D]
But send me a 100 slim lines and I will work on that for you [8D]

PenWorks

Originally posted by woodscavenger
<br />What finish are you using Anthony.
1.On the flat & the Combo Statesmen- 3 coats of Waterlox with a day dry time in between and then a light buff.
2. The Baron Twist was a spray Deft gloss
3. Ebonite was just sand and buff

PenWorks

Glenn, the Baron has a spray on Deft gloss finish, very shinny. The large combo statesmen has a wipe on Waterlox oil finish, which gives it a nice low sheen and has the appearence of bare wood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom