Leslie Phillips

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from tasciovanus

tasciovanus

Leighton Buzzard, Bedfordshire, United Kingdom.
Hi All,
Earlier today at a fair I had the good fortune of meeting Leslie Phillips the well loved veteran actor from the UK; knowing he was going to attend I took along his autobiography to ask him to sign it for me.
Guess what??!! he didn't have a suitable pen.
Well ever to the fore Karen provided her pen which was very well received as a great writer!!!
Striking whilst the iron was hot so to speak I commented that I make them.
Cutting a long story short Leslie Phillips is now the proud owner of one of my pens!!
Back to the workshop to make a suitable replacement for Karen!!
Photos below.

200853225340_lp%20sign%202.jpg

20085322547_lp3.jpg

200853225428_lp%20sign.jpg

Sad world I live in eh??
Have a great weekend.
Andrew

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

karlkuehn

Banned
hehe!~ Funny how with all those sharpies and stuff laid out by his arm, he didn't have a suitable pen! :D

Did you maybe explain to him what a suitable pen consists of, and then offer an example of same? Great marketing technique, by the way!

"Ohhh...hmmm...do you have anything that's a little more archival-quality? I'd hate to sod up your wonderful book with a lot of caustic chemicals..." [:p]:D

That's a really cool story, and I like that pen a lot, too! :)

tmhawk

Sad World, NOT HARDLY Andrew. You scored HUGE. That is so cool, way to go! (I'm turning a Spurtle tomorrow, it's for Martha Stewart, yes the convict. My wife is a personal chef, has all of Martha's books, wants them autographed, "Send her a Spurtle, she doesn't have one." Thank god she's got a pen, LOL) It is wonderful when we get someone we really like who is a celebrity to autograph or take a picture. (Oldest son has a photo of he and Tiger Woods, yep, son is a golfer) WAY TO GOT Andrew!
Proud of you man.

tasciovanus

Leighton Buzzard, Bedfordshire, United Kingdom.
Thanks for the comments, yes he was the voice of Harry Potters hat, also done loads of classic British comedy films. I did have a good laugh at the "Ohhh...hmmm...do you have anything that's a little more archival-quality? I'd hate to sod up your wonderful book with a lot of caustic chemicals..." quote. Wish I thought of that one at the time.
I suppose the old boy scouts motto of 'be prepared' works. Though Karen's 'never miss a marketing opportunity' comes a close second!
Right, I'm off to the workshop to make Karen that replacement and probably get brought down to earth with a blank blow out.
Be seeing you.
Andrew

Top Bottom