LeRoi Beta

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Lenny

Lenny

I was fortunate enough to respond and be one of the members who got in on an offer from Smitty37 to beta test his newest set of Le Roi components, these ones in Chrome/Black Chrome plating. I thought the black with white web trustone would be a good match with the black chrome.

I like to drill my blanks on the lathe using a collet chuck to hold the blank. As you can see in the first two photos I stop short of drilling all the way through and trim back to the hole. This does two things, it keeps the blank from blowing out when the drill breaks through, but it also prevents the collet chuck filling up with the debris, which can result in problems if your drilling several blanks at the same time and don't get everything cleaned out. :)

Attachments

• 7C4081A8-8D21-4FC0-9478-B959050A6654.jpg
    7C4081A8-8D21-4FC0-9478-B959050A6654.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 204
  • AFA1CDE8-FCEA-4C9B-B7ED-F84E084E0CF6.jpg
    AFA1CDE8-FCEA-4C9B-B7ED-F84E084E0CF6.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 231
  • 33F5C3C5-AD8F-4245-8AAD-76BD007D2F72.jpg
    33F5C3C5-AD8F-4245-8AAD-76BD007D2F72.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 224
  • 0EC546EA-78C7-49AB-956C-A383FD577569.jpg
    0EC546EA-78C7-49AB-956C-A383FD577569.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 159
  • 2CB078B7-CB91-4ABD-82A5-5465F009090F.jpg
    2CB078B7-CB91-4ABD-82A5-5465F009090F.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 178
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

eranox

I like that a lot: both the kit and your handiwork! It looks like there is a lot more meat left on that pen barrel. I have a question, though: what are the two silver bands at the ends of the brass tube in the first picture? I'm hoping you'll tell me that they're adapters to make the kit fit pre-drilled blanks designed for the old, larger diameter tubes, so you don't have to worry about which component kit to get for which blank. That would make my day!

Fantastic pen. Your choice of blank compliments the hardware just right.

OZturner

Beautiful LeRoi "Beta", looks like it is a Winner.
Great choice of Blank,
Lenny, thanks for your drilling / collet chuck explanation.
Your Fit and Finish, and Smitty's "Beta" are Superb.
Congratulations to you both.
Brian.

buttonsHT

I like that a lot: both the kit and your handiwork! It looks like there is a lot more meat left on that pen barrel. I have a question, though: what are the two silver bands at the ends of the brass tube in the first picture? I'm hoping you'll tell me that they're adapters to make the kit fit pre-drilled blanks designed for the old, larger diameter tubes, so you don't have to worry about which component kit to get for which blank. That would make my day!

Aren't they just bushings?

Lenny

Those are the bushings. I just stuck them in the tube for the sake of taking the photo. Also note: I stuck the clip on between the cap and the cap/clip coupler.... it should be on the coupler when it's pressed into the blank NOT the order in which I have it in the pic. Bad things can happen ...DAMHIKT :rolleyes:

Thank You :)

eranox

Aren't they just bushings?

Oh gosh, do I feel silly. :rolleyes: Well, I think the tube adapter thing is a pretty good idea for the record! I s'pose you could easily make your own, though.

Top Bottom