Leopardwood chubby

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wicook

Status
Not open for further replies.

wicook

Here's a pen turned from an Australian wood, leopardwood. I turned it this afternoon. Had to use a fair bit of CA to fill most of the holes in the grain. That CA is nasty stuff to work with!! Shellac, Shellawax, and Ren. Wax provided the finish. Now the $64,000 question: Is it right to make something out of an Australian wood and not use Shellawax?? :D (If you're not familiar with it, Shellawax is made in Oz.)

20053952250_Chubby%20Slimline%20Leopardwood%20400.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Travlr7

Like the look of it, Bill! I believe that when you're from.........."The Far North Country"..... you can bloody well use anything you want to finish a pen.

(I should include " any place as beautiful as Alberta")

Bruce

Darley

Originally posted by wicook
<br />Here's a pen turned from an Australian wood, leopardwood. I turned it this afternoon. Had to use a fair bit of CA to fill most of the holes in the grain. That CA is nasty stuff to work with!! Shellac, Shellawax, and Ren. Wax provided the finish. Now the $64,000 question: Is it right to make something out of an Australian wood and <b>not</b> use Shellawax?? [:D] (If you're not familiar with it, Shellawax is made in Oz.)

20053952250_Chubby%20Slimline%20Leopardwood%20400.jpg

Nice work on your pen , beautifull, personaly I don't use Shellawax on pen as he will not last the daily handling I use Shellawax on my small turning or bowls, plates ect...

If you want ask question about Shellwax, ask Neil Ellis is the creator of it check is link.

http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/index.php?s=

Serge

wicook

Thanks for the comments. I still need to work on the photography end of things a bit more. I've tried a few different setups, but looks like I need to build a better one. The wood is not quite as red as it shows in this picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom