Leopard Jasper Gemstone Jr. Marshall

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from BizFromQC

BizFromQC

My first gemstone, leopard jasper.
Kit is Jr. Marshall in Rhodium and Black Titanium

One question... I found that using HUT Ultra Gloss Plastic Finish after MM to 12000 made the finish worst. Any tips for applying the plastic finish or finishing gemstone in general?

Thanks for looking :)

gemstone.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader
I agree on not putting a finish on it, just polish it out.

We usually put a finish on a pen to give it a hard coating. Not much is going to be
harder than resin and stone! And both of those polish to a high gloss already..

Cindylee

Very nice pen. Really sharp.

I use micro mesh to 12000 grit on all mine (wet sanded), then hit it with Nu Finish (car polish scratch remover) comes in an orange squeeze bottle with the black flip cap. Got that little tip from Kruzzer (Rich). Works like a charm!

dustmaker

Beautiful pen! One thing I have learned with the HUT polish is to follow it with a buff with a clean dry cloth. Sometimes there is a little residue from the polish which buffs off real nice. I use a clean cotton cloth (like t-shirt material).

jkeithrussell

Use a slower speed for the polish -- maybe around 1200-1800. You can also go without polish and just use Ren Wax, again at slower speed.

BizFromQC

Thank you

Thanks for the great comments. I did another Gemstone, this time Turquoise and used the polish again but with slower speeds and less polish, results came out great!

mickr

Is this a new jasper? The ones I have had are lighter in color..or did you darken with a photo program? Pretty pen

Top Bottom