Lemony Bakelite on a Majestic Squire

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mrburls

mrburls

This was an easy one to do :wink: Used a piece of old lemon colored bakelite that had a hole drilled in it already. Just so happened to be 3/8" just like the tube size :biggrin: Cut it to length painted the inside of blank and glue.
I really like this kit since it uses a smaller tube which leaves more material left after turning down.

Keith "mrburls"

Attachments

• 095.jpg
    095.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 391
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenMan1

Nice job, Keith! The Bakelite complements the raised gold band perfectly. Excellent fit and finish, as always.

Just curious, what color did you use for the reverse paint? Sometimes with Bakelite and black or white back paint, I get too much or too little contrast. Yours turned out perfectly.

mrburls

Nice job, Keith! The Bakelite complements the raised gold band perfectly. Excellent fit and finish, as always.

Just curious, what color did you use for the reverse paint? Sometimes with Bakelite and black or white back paint, I get too much or too little contrast. Yours turned out perfectly.

Hi Andy, I did paint the inside of the barrel white. But the bakelite had alot of yellow color to begin with. Once in awhile ya get lucky with materials.

Keith "mrburls"

Top Bottom