Leftovers -

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ed4copies

Status
Not open for further replies.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
When the "get-together" ended, I still had a few resin blanks that no one had chosen, so I made a couple pens.

Remember, these are the blanks our attendees PASSED UP. I'm dying to see pictures of the ones THEY CHOSE!!!

All are Dawn's Pen Potion #9, which was available at $2.50 per blank (and quite a few were purchased - but these were NOT)

Bronze color with copper (satin) fittings:

2007327151218_bronzenet.jpg

Green with pearl accent colors

2007327151251_greennet.jpg

Brown with a little "life" in the blank:
2007327151312_brownnet.jpg

Sorry I did not clean the fittings very well before taking pics - it was kinda late at night and so a flash was required - every little thing is magnified.

Thanks for looking.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Tanner

I can't believe any of your blanks were passed up.[:D] All of them are beautiful. Those pearl accents are awesome. I especially like the Bronze matched up with the copper satin.

thewishman

I brought home more than I had planned. My daughter has "claimed" almost every one of them. As soon as I can pry them out of her hands, and sell those pens, I WILL be back for more.

Chris

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Guys, Guys! Don't attempt to pry them from your sweet little childrens' hands!!! Hand her a candy bar, when she drops the blanks, grab them and RUN!!!! Then, make sure you don't show her the finished pen - it's real hard to collect for your "family" pens.

John, The guys were NOT snoozing!!! I have to say it was an energetic bunch and I had a GREAT time - but I had to show them a little more - always leave 'em wantin' more!![}:)][}:)][}:)]

Sean, NO, there were no samples showing these. Dawn is experimenting with colors, so there were only three of each color blank available. Most of the attendees had never turned plastic, a few had never turned a pen and about half considered themselves "new penmakers" (responding to the opening question of the get-together). Those who bought plastics were the adventurous among them - and I will do everything possible to help them achieve the best results with their chosen blanks.

And, it is VERY true, I brought a LOT of stuff. Probably 400 blanks or so, in total. The comments and all the discussion was VERY complimentary and I could NOT have asked for better support. Even RonMc bought a couple - should be interesting to see what comes out of that - he tried to explain it to me, but we couldn't find any paper and I WASN'T going to let him borrow MY pen again.

Will be posting MORE pictures over the coming month - Spring shows generally suck, so I will be making a lot of inventory that probably will remain MINE until Fall. Will try to share some of them, since every one is different.

Thanks for all the nice comments, Dawn does appreciate it!![:D][:D][:D] And, by the way, so do I!!!!!

slink74659

The blanks I bought were for my daughter so there was no doubt who they were for when she saw them. I can't wait to turn them. I am going to try the skew again now that I've seen how it's done. Ed made it look so easy. Now to decide which pens to make.

Steve

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Don't ask me about pen kits - I have turned them all (probably NOT a true statement, but real close) and I LOVE the cigar. Enough material there to really make a PRETTY pen (or handsome, if you get off on words).

If you bought pink or yellow, remember to paint the tubes - not ALWAYS necessary, but NEVER a mistake.

SHARP SHARP SHARP SKEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And it IS EASY!

cozee

Ed, I was so overwhelmed by what you had I really couldn't decide what to get so I only got what I wanted for a few projects. Once I get my rat hole money built back up a little you will definitely be getting an order from me!!

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Scott,

We will be adding Dawn's Pen Potion #9 to the catalog in the next couple weeks. One of the benefits of the way people have gotten the catalog is it gives me everyone's e-mail addresses, so when the "addenda" come out, I can e-mail everyone at once. (Have I mentioned, I consider myself a marketing guy)

What I had with me was, however, a bunch of experiments. A couple colors sold all three blanks - Dawn will be making more of these, since they appear to be "favorites".

I don't really want to offer a whole bunch of "me too" colors. We are looking to make colors that I have not seen a lot of, from other plastic vendors. This MAY have to replace our importing, since there seems to be a lot of reluctance to pay the cost of the Italian stuff.

Time will tell - but we will stay around and keep everyone informed.

WE also accept suggestions, if you have always pictured the "perfect" blank and can't find it.[:)][:)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom