Left Over Gears

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from maxman400

maxman400

I had the left over Gears from Constants Laser line Gear Kit, so I wrapped a tube with Chrome foil Tape, Glued on the gears using the same lay out that was in the instructions for the kit. Then cast it in translucent blue Alumilite with pearl powder. It has a CA finish that was wet sanded to 4K and Plastix polished, it is on a Black Ti Sierra.
Any Comments Welcome, And Thanks for Looking. :biggrin:
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• LO Gears.jpg
    LO Gears.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 412
  • LO Gears 1.jpg
    LO Gears 1.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 481
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

maxman400

Nicely done. You say you wrapped the tube in chrome foil? How does that work? I don't see chrome in there.

If You Look Close you can see a pattern that looks like carbon fiber, That is an Automotive trim tape called "chrome carbon fiber" it is used in cars for accent details. Since it has a sticky backing I just cut it to size and wrap it around the tube and trim off the ends. I picked it up at Auto-Zone.

SDB777

It has a CA finish that was wet sanded to 4K and Plastix polished, it is on a Black Ti Sierra.

Was just wondering why you use a CA finish on top of the Alumite? Or is there something 'sticking out' of the Alumite that needs the protection from Ca that I can't see in the photo's?

Scott (big thumbs up on a fine pen) B

maxman400

It has a CA finish that was wet sanded to 4K and Plastix polished, it is on a Black Ti Sierra.
Was just wondering why you use a CA finish on top of the Alumite? Or is there something 'sticking out' of the Alumite that needs the protection from Ca that I can't see in the photo's?

Scott (big thumbs up on a fine pen) B

The gears are wood that has been laser cut from a full size blank, so when you turn them down it leaves the wood exposed. kinda like a worthless wood project, 1/2 wood 1/2 Alumilite. :)

Top Bottom