Leather-Leather

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Jgrden

Jgrden

This needs to be modified a little but it should attract attention from some body.
Pens - 8-12-11 Leather.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hehndc

John:

Interesting pen. I think it looks very nice. May I ask; do you seal the leather? i could see the benifits of sealing or not.

Thanks for sharing.

Steve

Jgrden

John:

Interesting pen. I think it looks very nice. May I ask; do you seal the leather? i could see the benifits of sealing or not.

Thanks for sharing.

Steve
This one is not sealed. The next one will have oil as a top coat.I am relying on lanolin to add to its appearance.

TheRealSmith

Awesome :cool:work love the idea I have done some wrapped in imprinted leather but never tooling leather.what size (oz) weight tooling leather is that? did you wrap and glue it or stich it in a tube then glue to pen tube?

Jgrden

Very nice pen John. How you liking Calif?
Thanks for asking. We have observed some things:

• Texas softened us a little. There you could depend on people, here you need to watch your a $$
  • Texas has a defined culture and great pride in their State
  • In Texas I got flipped off three times in four years, here I get flipped off four times a week
  • The weather in Calif. is much better (much, much, much)
  • They need Cowboy churches in California
  • Calif. needs a massive campaign to restore State pride. The culture is diversified and that is what it is - melting pot.
  • Texas knows how to get along with its Southern neighbors (except for the drug issue on border towns)
  • Texas adjusted and balanced their budget (14 billion shortfall) , roads are being built and there is allot of activity, California is strangled by legislation and unions
So why am I back in California. I want to change things. The weather and the liberal, left wing tree huggers seem to have more money to spend on pens. Also, I prefer earthquakes over hurricanes. Hurricanes are torturous.

Last edited:

Jgrden

Awesome :cool:work love the idea I have done some wrapped in imprinted leather but never tooling leather.what size (oz) weight tooling leather is that? did you wrap and glue it or stich it in a tube then glue to pen tube?
I used a medium CA that allowed for 30 secs. to arrange the leather onto the tube, then placed into a press for the night to seal the seam and form the leather. I made the form out of the white cutting board material.
Thank you for your interest.

Bobalu

I used a medium CA that allowed for 30 secs. to arrange the leather onto the tube, then placed into a press for the night to seal the seam and form the leather. I made the form out of the white cutting board material.
Thank you for your interest.

Absolutely beautiful pen John. Your use of CA caught my attention, because I would have thought that the leather being porous would not provide a good substrate for a sufficient bond. I'll put that one into my databank for future reference. Thanks for sharing.

bitshird

Interesting pen John, I think you are absolutely right about California, I was born there but it was a completely different place 67 years ago, Heck all our neighbors were Okies or Texans.

If the leather smells like leather I would say your on to something. I spent 5 years in CA. lived in TX my whole life (less 5 years). You will not find two places that are so much alike and so different at the same time.

Top Bottom