Leather and Antler

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Jgrden

Jgrden

Here is one of four finished this weekend. Just wanted to show it off.
Give me your thoughts.

Pens - 12-20-11 Leather and Antler 1.jpg

Pens - 12-20-11 Leather and Antler 2.jpg

Pens - 12-20-11 Leather and Antler 3.jpg

Pens - 12-20-11 Leather and Antler 4.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Drstrangefart

It just occurred to me. I found $100 on the ground Thursday to buy some kits with. I just won a free ham today. If I use up all of my luck now, no way am I ever gonna get you for a PITH partner. Love the pen. That is some spectacular workmanship.

Last edited:

boxerman

I really like that one John. Like the antler & leather. Glad to see you back making pens. Must got you new shop up and going.

ctubbs

VERY Good John. Thanks for the great photos, it took me a bit to finally locate the seam. Or I think I found it, I am still not 100% sure. Great job on hiding that infernal seam. Oh yes, the rest of the pen is outstanding as well. Beautiful job over all.
Charles

OLDMAN5050

Passed Away May 15, 2019
In Memoriam
Glad to see you have returned to the pen making. Your shop must be up and running full capacity. the pen is awesome..............

ToddMR

I like the leather. Personally that would be cool for the entire pen. I like the antler too and you did an awesome job on the pen. Just the two for me personally doesn't do it for me. But don't let my personal taste detract from the good job you did.

PaulDoug

I really like this pen. Leather and antler seem to go together to me. Really like the tooled leather, makes it look classy. Nice work.

Jgrden

I like the leather. Personally that would be cool for the entire pen. I like the antler too and you did an awesome job on the pen. Just the two for me personally doesn't do it for me. But don't let my personal taste detract from the good job you did.
There are three 100% leather pens that have been sold. They all had the basket weave look. You aren't alone in your taste for full leather design. :wink:

Jgrden

Glad to see you have returned to the pen making. Your shop must be up and running full capacity. the pen is awesome..............
Thank you for your observation. We started the renovation on September 1st. The house was the priority and the workshop last. There were two Christmas orders that needed to be filled and I became rather anxious; one of them with a $100.00 deposit that would have had to be returned. Friday the power (last thing) was connected. Saturday we had two young football :cool:players move the equipment from the Packed garage into the new studio (now packed), We spent Saturday afternoon just getting the lathe and band saw running but did not put anything away. Sunday saw eight hours of turning :eek: and Monday the shipments went out. That was too close for me. :biggrin:

Top Bottom