Leather and Antler

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Jgrden

Jgrden

Now then. This is not segmented leather, but one piece, wrapped around the tube. The top is antler. The seam is still an issue.
Pens - 4-8-11 Justin leather antler cigar - A+.jpg

Pens - 4-8-11 Justin leather antler cigar - front.jpg

Pens - 4-8-11 Justin leather antler cigar - seam.jpg

Pens - 4-8-11 Justin leather tube after gluing 2.jpg

Pens - 4-8-11 Justin leather inside plastic cork.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jgrden

I forgot to mention that the feel of the pen while writing is absolute comfort. Also, the more the owner uses the pen, the better the leather is going to look.

Last edited:

boxerman

Looks very nice John. Could you cut leather to fit the tube and stitch it together with some thread that will not show so much before you put it on the tube. Then slide over the tube. Hope you can figure out something with the seam.

wiset1

Now that's a clean looking pen...the think I like best part is that you didn't glue eyes on it, ha ha ha. No really...I like the contrast of this and it really looks great. If that seam could be pulled closer this would be a 10 in my book...now it's just a 9.99 ;-)

Awesome

ctubbs

John, have you tried skything?(Most likely spelled wrong) That is where the leather is thinned down so it overlaps without getting any thicker. That might give you enough surface to make the glue stick. Just a thought.

The pen right there is great. It must be a real joy to write with.
Charles

PenPal

John,

Neat prototype, conceptual theme getting very close to complete.

The seam filled with ground Ebony would provide an arrow point to level the surface.

Pen has texture, is unique resembles bark in colour, very pleasing.

Look forward to the mastering of the plan. Recently someone showed one side only with top detail and a note saying the other side is plain, could have had holes in it but you resisted that, more power to you.

Kind regards Peter.

Jgrden

John, have you tried skything?(Most likely spelled wrong) That is where the leather is thinned down so it overlaps without getting any thicker. That might give you enough surface to make the glue stick. Just a thought.

The pen right there is great. It must be a real joy to write with.
Charles
Yes, that is the next step. I have a friend, Justin, who does real good leather work and we are teaming to make this one pen design work well. He can taper the leather somehow so that it meets the different size between nib and center band. The guy is a genius. Took second place for saddle making in the State of Texas. Cannot say enough good things about this guy. I think he is seventeen now.

Top Bottom