"Learning The Wave"

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from akbar24601

akbar24601

Well, I have been working on learning Eagles famous "Wave" design. I certainly know that they are not without defect, but, certainly a step in the right direction.

The Double Wave is Sapele and Veneer on an Gold Navigator. The Single Wave is Purpleheart and Veneer on an Chrome Navigator.

All comments and critiques welcome. Thank you for looking.

Attachments

• Double Wave.jpg
    Double Wave.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 443
  • Double Wave - Open.jpg
    Double Wave - Open.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 251
  • Single Wave.jpg
    Single Wave.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 327
  • Single Wave - Open.jpg
    Single Wave - Open.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 201
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

akbar24601

Thank you Billman! Dude, your signature is pretty creepy!!! How do they know so much about my cute lil' machine!? Do they know what color underwear it has on too!!! LOL

ribanett

Just variations on a theme

Well, I have been working on learning Eagles famous "Wave" design. I certainly know that they are not without defect, but, certainly a step in the right direction.

Great work! Eagle is looking down and must be proud of your work.

These are not pens but works of art, and there are no defects in art, just variations on a theme

Jim Smith

Steve,

Your work continues to amaze me. Can your please share what adhesive you use to make the laminates; especially metal to wood.

Jim

Billman

Snowmass Village & Grand Junction, Colorado
Thank you Billman! Dude, your signature is pretty creepy!!! How do they know so much about my cute lil' machine!? Do they know what color underwear it has on too!!! LOL
Heh... It's just a little bit of coding magic. Don't be too creeped out. The info displayed back to you is the info you give to any server (site) you visit.

You have your computer dressed up in underwear??? :eek: So many comments... So little time.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Hard to tell from the picture, Steve, but I believe yours is more difficult than Eagle's.

His reaction, however, would be to encourage you to differentiate yourself from his work. While many believed he did not share his methods in detail for reasons they deemed "selfish", he actually hoped people would move BEYOND his methods. So, he reasoned, if he TOLD you how HE did it, what would motivate YOU to find a better way?? In his absence, this problem is removed.

Your "wave" is YOURS, although similar to Eagle's - it is NOT the same. Congratulations on YOUR good work. I BELIEVE Eagle would have respected, and congratulated you on your ability.

FWIW, I congratulate you!!!!

PR_Princess

Steve, very impressive indeed. Especially since you figured this out on your own! :cool:
Actually, I think that this is might be the first time that I have seen someone get woven wood down...

Now I can not wait to see what new offshoots come from this seed!!:biggrin::tongue:

BTW Sleep is overrated - except when working around power tools!:eek:

Last edited:

Skye

I clicked the pic before I read the description and Eagle immediately popped into mind.

Great looking pens man, you're really reaching a new level with this stuff.

VisExp

Steve, those look great! I really like the color combination's, especially on the double wave. Well done for figuring out the process. I look forward to seeing where you take it from here :)

OKLAHOMAN

Steve, the wave was the first blank that Eagle gave me and has always had a special place for me. Eagle would have said well done , now lets take it a step beyond. I look forward to that step. WELL DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom