Learned something today

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from GBusardo

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBusardo

Hi Everyone, I was cleaning out the back of my yard by my shed and holly tree when I seen a dead holly branch in the brush. I bring it into the house and my wife is a asking why am I bringing that garbage in here. I told her its my next pen! I don't have a moisture meter, but it seemed pretty dry to me. An hour later, my wife is exclaiming, "WOW, Thats pretty" :D I am not sure its pretty, but it is interesting. No matter how I try, I cannot take a decent picture, so accept my appologies. I know the flaws in the pen, I just wanted to share the picture. I am getting the idea that my dogwoods need some pruning :)

200642603843_Holly%20Slimline.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Skye

A lot of people use solid white holly as an alt ivory. Nice looking stuff. See, you were thinking like a pro and didnt even know it.

GBusardo

Thanks for all the replies, I think the graining may have come from the fact that it was wood from a branch and not the trunk. The branch was twisted and had some knots. It was "exciting" to drill, but easy to turn. I wish I can manage a better picture. Daughter coming home from college next month, might have to "borrow" her Much better than I got camera [:)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom