Lean Green Fighting Machine

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from BigRob777

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigRob777

Well, maybe not fighting machine, but it is lean and it's green. Comments welcome. I don't like SL kit CBs. I thought I would be able to sand more from the nib end, but the green was coming off too fast. That's why it is a bit proud of the CB. This is one pen.

20062280814_DSCN2140.jpg

20062280837_DSCN2141.jpg

Thanks for looking.
Rob

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

terrymiller

Was this pen dyed. Your comment about the green coming off to fast I was just wondering. Next time you may be able to touch up with a marker to re-color the blank if sanded to far.

BigRob777

Terry,
Actually, I dyed the pen after turning it close to the bushings. I could have redyed it, but I had to give it as a gift to our Japanese house guest tonight. I'm getting a bunch of them dyed and stabilized soon. I did a quick finish too, without sanding past 1200 grit sandpaper and spray lacquer.
Rob

BigRob777

Angela,
I would think that would be too much green. It would be great for a St. Patrick's Day pen though. It was really easy to do, with dye I got from Nils.

I don't like how the nib end is slightly rounded. I wanted to sand it flatter, or turn it more, but I would have lost the color. That's what I get for rushing. I did need the pan that day. He loved it too. He is a student from Japan, so I told him, "If anyone asks how they can get one, tell them I sell them for $30.00."

That would be awesome. They're only here for 3 weeks, but I hope I get at least a few orders. I'm back up to speed. I made a barrel for an engraver to test with, out of curly maple, with lacquer finish. It took me about 15 minutes to turn and finish. 3 coats of lacquer sprayed on and buffed in. Well, two buffed and the third had a slight splatter, so I very lightly buffed it. I like the lightly glossy finish.

2006228204921_DSCN2144.jpg
<br />
Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom