LE Emperor dressed in Chittum

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jasontg99

jasontg99

I have had this wood and kit for some time with the plans of one day making "My Pen". I finally think my finishing skills are good enough to do this wood and kit some justice. The scratch near the end cap was just a piece of lint. :rolleyes:

Attachments

• IMG_2473.JPG
    IMG_2473.JPG
    65.6 KB · Views: 535
  • IMG_2469.JPG
    IMG_2469.JPG
    61.2 KB · Views: 423
  • IMG_2474.JPG
    IMG_2474.JPG
    63.6 KB · Views: 385
  • IMG_2475.JPG
    IMG_2475.JPG
    65.6 KB · Views: 386
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Well done Jason. I'll bet that piece of lint gave you a start when you first saw it on the screen. One of those "What da?":eek: moments. Been there.

jasontg99

Well done Jason. I'll bet that piece of lint gave you a start when you first saw it on the screen. One of those "What da?":eek: moments. Been there.

Yes, it gave me quite a shock. My heart sank, I thought the finish had started to crack (I rode my bicycle home from the woodshop on base and it was a little cold). It is (sometimes) funny what details show up in a picture.

Last edited:

jasontg99

Very nice, that wood is awesome!

Rob,

Thanks! I know a lot of people are thinking "too much bling" for the blank, but I like a heavy pen and thought the kit would fit nicely. I still can not bring myself to put a Ferrari engine in a Pinto. I know artme will disagree....so my next pen will be dedicated to him, and I will call it...... "artme's challenge"! :biggrin: Seriously though Arthur, I appreciate all comments. I find it extremely interesting how so many people have such different views. It definitely keeps things interesting, and brings me new perspectives!

jasontg99

What a beautiful pen, the wood fits the kit so well, and that's a stunning finish.

Thanks Ken, Harold(splinter 99) really helped me out learning the CA finish techniques. As I have said several times, the people on this site are amazing. I have learned more from this site in the last two months than I learned in the last year. :biggrin:

jasontg99

Harold, I could not have done it without you! Doug, I love the chittum burl. The more I look at it, the more I like it. The wood's chatoyance and grain patterns are amazing. I look forward to seeing yours.

NI Joe

Wow! That's a beautiful pen! Chittum burl you say? Looks like it's infused with gold. It's a work to cherish.

All the best, Joe

Top Bottom