Lava Flow from Karl's Blank Of the Month

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from igran7

igran7

I received the first installment of "Karl's Blank Of The Month" blanks. This is the lava Flow resin/wood hybrid blank turned as a closed-end full size Gentlemen's fountain pen. Comments welcomed. Thanks a bunch Karl!

20084130549_Lava%20Flow%201.jpg

200841305428_Lava%20Flow.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PaulDoug

Way nice. I like the consecpt of the blank of the month club. When I become something above a novice I hope to join up. Right now I don't want to make waste out of such nice material.

Ligget

Awesome, the blank is out of this world, you made an outstanding job on the closed-end and the fit and finish![:p]

Best closed-end I`ve seen in a long time Joe![:0][:p][:p]

stevers

Ya Karl, how are you getting the diff colored boarders between the wood and the PR. Like the Earth blank you supplied earlier. The light colored boarders are slick. My Earth blank doesn't have the definition between the materials.

And of course, lovely job of turning and great finish Joe. Really nice shape on the closed end also. Great plating choice too. Very nice!!

karlkuehn

Banned
Joe, great work on the blank! So far, the pics I've seen from the Blank of the Month blanks have been great! Just what I wanted to see - great pens that I didn't have to spin myself! I really like how the clip end pattern turned out on that one. That's why I love this stuff, even with a whole bunch of planning, the final product always looks different than what I was expecting! woot!

Incidentally, the wood in April's blank is the box elder from my backyard. :D

Great job, even I didn't have the cajones to tackle that blank in a closed-end configuration, and after seeing yours, I wish I would have! Excellent work, I know that was a bit of work there. :D

igran7

Originally posted by karlkuehn

Great job, even I didn't have the cajones to tackle that blank in a closed-end configuration, and after seeing yours, I wish I would have! Excellent work, I know that was a bit of work there. :D

Thanks Karl. I was holding my breath there for awhile, I wasn't sure it would turn out. I am very pleased with the outcome, I felt like a kid at Christmas opening a package. Thanks a bunch!

Top Bottom