Lathe time is play time!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from RustySplinters

Picture heavy
I made around 30 pens for Christmas orders and it got to be a little crazy. After I got done with those I decided to have a little fun.
I wanted to make a Christmas present for my best friend. I've been making some more unique pens than just the outfitted pens lately and the more unique the pen was the more she liked it. I decided to make her the most unique pen ever.

I took all my blank butts and went to work. I decided to try my hand at segmenting them together even though they're very uneven.
Coupe of the segements:
1_035.JPG
1_036.JPG

1_038.JPG

Then I put the segments together. One's to be a closed end and the other a normal piece. After I put them together I ground them down with the rough wheel on my tool sharpener (I don't own a sander).
1_044.JPG
1_045.JPG

Next it was rounded out.
1_046.JPG

Finished and then put together.

1_052.JPG

And finally my attempt at photographing it...
1_054__2_.JPG

2_054__2_.JPG

The lighting is not very good but oh well. I really enjoy making closed end slims. This was a really long pen. I didn't mean to make it as long but it worked out for the best.

1_042.JPG

Blood sweat and tears went into this pen. Literally. Had a bandsaw oops while making it. It hurt and bled a TON -- and I fixed it up with a little CA :wink:. It's really healing up well though. And because of this I learned a lot about how the band saw works and can't wait to make some real segmenting soon.

BTW. She LOVED it! She was very happy :biggrin:. Proud to call her my best friend. :biggrin:
Anyways,
Thanks for looking and I can't wait to hear your opinions (good or bad).

Michael :)

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

watch_art

Something to do with medium or large photo gallery. I viewed the source of your image, changed the text from "medium" to "large" and got this...

1_054__2_.JPG

Cheers!

Top Bottom