Latest Work!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from kkwall

Status
Not open for further replies.

kkwall

Hi All,

Please see my latest attempts below. Some are segmented, and some are plain.

Segmenting pens aint as easy as I originally thought! Getting the cuts deat, and angles matching are harder than I anticipated.

Have produced a few simple segmented pens, but am going to stick to simpler turnings, and try and master the basics first.

Any comments welcome!

2006730214313_CIMG0950.jpg

Pen on left is a Elm Burl, with ash insert.
Pen second from left is a Elm Burl.
Pen furthest to right is a Beech Burl.
The two other pens are made from pen blanks supplied with a kit, and have no idea of the woods.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

guts

Ken,don't give up on the segment part,i thought you bought the other two or got them with the kits,in that case keep on keeping on with the segs.nice work.

kkwall

Hi All,

Thanks for he feedback.

I will keep trying segmented pens but feel that I should concentrate my efforts on perfecting my overall technique!

As I said earlier, I need to work on the basics, and perfect these skills before I bight off too much.

I just bought a bandsaw, and need to practise cutting, etc.

Thanks again!

kkwall

Hi Ligget, Still all attached, although I was working with my scroll saw the other day, and I thought I'd severed a digit!!!!!

Was a little scared to look, but it turned out I had only burned it, and nicked it a little......phewwwwwwwwwwwwww!

It was a wake up call to be less complacent!

Just wondered if you are a guitar player.....seeing some of the music that I see on some of your photo's???????

Ron Mc

Ken,
You are off to a good start with your segmented pens! Now get to the point that you are truly comfortable making the styles of pens you feel appropriate and then make a hard run at it!
BTW....A hard run includes music as you make and turn your designs.[;)][:D]
Thank-You for sharing your pens.

kkwall

Hi Ron,

Every time I think I am doing well, I look at websites such as yours, and see that I am bairly scratching the surface.

If I am able to produce anything like the pens I see from yourself, Dario, Don Ward etc etc, I will be a very happy man.[:p][?][?][?]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom