Latest turned pens from the works

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Si90

Si90

Not one of my steampunk ones, the current one under construction just isn't doing it for me so I've laid it to one side and turned out a couple of turned ones. I'm also working on a couple of pens that someone has requested have a logo in which I am now on my 5th attempt to get a satisfactory pen so the turning of these 2 has been a nice break from those also.

First up is a Graduate dressed in home cast carbon fibre, the second a simple streamline with a blank that caught my eye in my local turning supplies shop.

As a side note, don't know if anyone has seen my plea for help regards stabilising but if anyone in the UK is willing to stabilise me some blanks or know of a company that offers it as a service I would really appreciate it.

As always, thanks for looking.

Until next time

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Both are beautifully made, finished and photo'd. I also love the way you included your logo. Is it under the resin?
What is preventing the refill from fully protruding from the nib?

Si90

Hi Steven. Yes the logo is encased within the blank. I recess it into the CF before casting.

The nib of the pen looks worse in the picture than it really is but you are right it could do with protruding a little more. Doesn't affect using it but it doesn't look quite right. It's actually a fault within the nib of the pen which won't allow the refill to push in anymore. It has a Schnieder in at the minute but I have some Schmidt on the way so I will see if they protrude anymore. If not maybe a little rub with a round file may help.

OZturner

Simon,
As we have learnt to expect, you have blown us away yet again,
Like others have said, I love your Name Insert, Terrific Idea and Presentation.
The Carbon Fibre on the Graduate is "Spot On".
I can see why you were attracted to the second Blank,
I love the subtle colours then in particular the Blue on the Underside,
Great Pen, Fit and Finish, Really a Pen of many Facets.
Congratulations,
Brian

Top Bottom