Latest steampunk

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Joe S.

Joe S.

Gunmetal Atrax rollerball with a blank that I copied from jjartwood. This is also my first picture posted with my new Nikon D3100! Still waiting on the light tent in the mail, can't wait to try it out! C&C is always helpful.
1049102_517158578338372_1185347424_o.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Janster

Nice job ,but hard to see the BIG picture! May want to resize? Be well........Jan

BSea

Certainly easy to see the detail.:biggrin:

On the serious side, the pen looks really good. The gun metal finish is perfect for that blank. Good Job :good:

ericofpendom

WOW! great pen. Managed to see that one without my glasses:biggrin: How do you make the rivet effect? Do you fold the foil at the edges to give thickness?

Eric...

ugrad

Lovely work. I like the mono choice of foil and the way you have put it all together.

Regards
Peter

Photo way too big.

Dulos

Awesome pen! I have a question. Do you seal up the aluminum with ca glue or do you just leave it unsealed? Will the aluminum have a tendency to peal off?

Dulos

Yeah, I know it is aluminum tape, but will it stay in place without being sealed up or will it peal off over time. I have never worked with aluminum tape.

Dulos

Do you have to cast it in resin in order for this to work? I am trying to find a way to do this without having to learn to cast blanks. Would it work to cover the aluminum tape with CA?

Dulos

That is what I am hoping. I plan to give it a try at some point. I am just wondering if someone has already used CA to seal up the aluminum tape on a pen and can tell me if it works or not.

mwhatch

I don't know about the alumnum tape, but I have layered pen tubes with vinyl, then finished several coats of medium CA. Gives a nice hard clear finish.

Top Bottom