Latest Pens, Kitless

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Sawdust46

Sawdust46

I thought I would post my latest pens which also happen to be kitless.

The last one (green) is my first kitless that I posted before but I changed the section two times. I started out with a black ebonite section but was not happy with the look. I went to an aluminum section but didn't like the metal rubbing off on my fingers. So I ended up making the section out of the same acrylic I used for the accent rings and I like the look much better. This pen has a 6mm Bock medium nib.

The red pen is actually my latest and I used the tutorial on adding rings to put two more narrow rings on the cap. The black accents are acrylic but the section is Delrin. It has a 5mm Bock fine point nib.

The beige pen is a knockoff of someone's pen I saw on IAP and loved it. I has a 6 mm Bock medium nib.

I have learned a lot more about pens since I started doing kitless. Hope you like them. But let me know what you honestly think.

Attachments

• IMG_4708.jpg
    IMG_4708.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 475
  • IMG_4710.jpg
    IMG_4710.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 211
  • IMG_4711.jpg
    IMG_4711.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 298
  • IMG_4712.jpg
    IMG_4712.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 202
  • IMG_4714.jpg
    IMG_4714.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 270
  • IMG_4716.jpg
    IMG_4716.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 257
  • IMG_4718.jpg
    IMG_4718.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 194
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I first noticed the beige blank but looking at the others I think they are all great. I like the lines and the fact that you set the different pieces apart with different colors which in my eyes breaks things up just enough. Very nice when I start making kitless I hope they look 1/2 that good.

wwneko

Sorry to bring this old thread back, but I'm trying to figure out how to add the rings the the cap. OP mentioned a tutorial, but I found no such tutorial in the Library. Does anyone have a link they could share or talk me through it?

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Sorry to bring this old thread back, but I'm trying to figure out how to add the rings the the cap. OP mentioned a tutorial, but I found no such tutorial in the Library. Does anyone have a link they could share or talk me through it?

I can't post a link with this tablet but, it's in the TECHIQUES drop down in the upper lefthand corner. ADDING BANDS TO YOUR CAPS. Have fun!

Top Bottom