Latest Pens; Some Worthless & Experiments

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ElMostro

ElMostro

Here are my latest pens. All are Jr. Gents. Photos are so-so, sorry. Comments welcome.

Cancun Series

CancunGent1.jpg

CancunGent2.jpg

Cofee & Alumilite
Coffeegent1.jpg

CoffeeGent2.jpg

Copper & Alumilite Experiment (working)
CopperGent1.jpg

CopperGent2.jpg

Lava Flow (Worthless Spalted Pecan and Alumilite)
Laveflow1.jpg

Lavaflow2.jpg

Lavaflow3.jpg

Wortless Oak Burl
OakBurlGent2.jpg

OakBurlGent1.jpg

And finaly Peas Jr. Gent (Split Peas & Alumilite)

PeasGent1.jpg

PeasGent2.jpg

Thanks for looking!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Those are fantastic!!!!! I am going to have to get some of those blanks. The Cancun and the Oak are superb.:D

Tanner

I've been looking for the perfect pen to give to the chef at the Boulders Resort. Split Pea Soup is the one. Really cool looking pen!!! I have to order a couple of those if you're offering. I also can't wait for my Cancun blanks to arrive. All pens are superb!!!!

ElMostro

All, thanks for the compliments. If I decide to make any of these blanks for sale I will let ya'll know.

I've been out all day...no shop time today:(

JohnU

These are fantastic. My sister inlaw works for a soy bean company and keeps asking for a bean pen. Im inspired here..... Very nice!

ElMostro

Woodenink, to answere your question reference Alumilite.

Alumilite is a two part resin that solidifies when mixed. It comes in White (like the posted pen) Regular, which has a slight amber color, Black and Water clear. It is a bit pricy if you buy it in small quantities but unlike poly resin there is no guessing on the amount of catalist to add depending on weather and temp.
I use it bec it is very low odor and a fast set time. Take a look at the site and if after that you have any questions I will be happy to assist. I have worked about 20 gallons of the stuff so far so I have screwed up enough by now to help others not to.

Alumilite Water Clear
Produces a high impact rigid clear casting that is commonly used for lenses, encapsulations, and water reproductions. Vacuum or pressure is recommended to achieve 100% bubble free castings.

http://www.alumilite.com/checkout/index.php?cPath=22

Eugene

jskeen

I see you did keep some good blanks out of that oak burl for yourself. Congrats on great work. I've got one turned, and waiting on some more tooling to start on the rest, I'll post them as a group when I get done.

broitblat

I think I'd have to pass on the peas, but they all look spectacular! I particularyly like the way the coffee beans are spaced out and the lava flow.

-Barry

Top Bottom