Latest output from the workshop

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from JeffreyG

JeffreyG

The learning process continues with another pen completed this afternoon.

This fountain pen is made from 'Royal Society' material and black Ebonite section. The material has been a pleasure to work on the lathe.

The nib is a dual tone broad nib by Bock with a standard converter filling system. The pen size and shape is loosely comparable to a Portable Nakaya.

For the first time I used a triple start Tap and Die I managed to acquire just before Christmas. It seemed to go together pretty well.

Apologies for the iPhone photos which are perhaps a bit over exposed to show the material. Photography for me is not a strong point :confused:

Any comments, good or bad welcomed :)

Attachments

• IMG_1228.jpeg
    IMG_1228.jpeg
    68.2 KB · Views: 216
  • IMG_1232.jpeg
    IMG_1232.jpeg
    66 KB · Views: 236
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JeffreyG

Hi Jim,

Thanks for your reply. The pen colour is really nice and I like it a lot, it is very difficult to show the true effect in a photo.

Re the artwork... Oh how I wish I could achieve such wonderful work! It is a section from a book - The Universal Penman - Engraved by George Bickham.

I purchased the book for reference. One day I may be able to sit and try my hand at Spencerian Script - I have a feeling it will be a very long learning process though :redface: Perhaps, during the long and cold winter evenings, I may make a start. I have to make the dip pens first!

J.

Last edited:
Top Bottom