Latest Jr. Gent

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Gary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary

I'm almost hesitant to post any more pics after seeing what Wayne put on show this week. But I got no pride...here's a Redwood Burl I completed last night.

20052102536_JrGentRedwoodBurl.jpg

Any comments, observations or suggestions appreciated. Thank you for looking.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenWorks

Glad you posted it Gary. Fine looking pen, I recut and refinished a redwood lace burl. I think I may put it together now. Very nice pic as well.

I know about playing secound fiddle to Wayne. He has that pen finish down to where it looks like a 20,000 dollar custom paint job on a fine ride.

Anthony

Gary

Originally posted by tipusnr
<br />Nothing to be ashamed of there, my friend! And redwood burl isn't easy to work with!! I think I'm starting to like that Jr. Gent kit.

Thanks, William. You're right about the redwood burl. I think I spent more time sharpening than I did turning. I like the Jr. Gent too.

WoodChucker

Gary, that's a great looking pen. The Gent Jr. and Statesman Jr. are my favorite's and you made it look beautiful.

Gary

Anthony, we will wait if you want to run toss it together and do a quick shoot.[:p]

Originally posted by penworks
<br />Glad you posted it Gary. Fine looking pen, I recut and refinished a redwood lace burl. I think I may put it together now. Very nice pic as well.

I know about playing secound fiddle to Wayne. He has that pen finish down to where it looks like a 20,000 dollar custom paint job on a fine ride.

Anthony

Gary

Originally posted by woodscavenger
<br />Beautiful! How is the writing balance with that pen?

Shane, I think the balance is great...but then it's one of my favorites. Every one I've sold, the people tried it before they bought and liked it.

PenWorks

I just put three bullet pens together, still thinking about the redwood? Will post the pic tomarrow,camera at the office. Where I do my W..k

RT, told me before, he didn't like it, when I posted a pic of the barrel. He is real nice to you. LOL

Anthony

wayneis

Gary knock it off or I'll quit posting photos. LOL You make really nice pens, not one little thing to be ashamed about. You know, I didn't just stumble on this pen stuff, I worked for a long time just like every one else here does trying to come up with something that I felt good about. The only reason that I started playing around with Enduro was because I got rather tired of barfing my guts out every time that I used CA to finish a pen. That kinda takes the fun out of it.

Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom