Latest effort

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from John Carr

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Carr

Made these two this morning as a graduation present for the daughter of a friend.

Slimline Pen & Pencil set, Dymondwood Bahama Cherrywood, BLO/CA, TSW, then Renaissance Wax.

200562522936_601-0106-970.jpg

First time using the "Wally World Translucent Box Photo Studio". Comments on pen/pencil and/or photo are welcome.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JimGo

Those look very nice; the set will make a great present! That looks a lot less like most of the Dymondwood I've seen; I'm not the biggest fan of Dymondwood, but this stuff looks really nice, and has much more subtle coloring. The lighting seems a bit off to me (too much from the side, rather than the top?), but otherwise the photo looks pretty good.

Nice job all around!

BTW, I don't recognize that clip; whose kit is that?

Chuck C

Very Nice looking set. I like the wood. Also I don't think I have every seen that type of clip. What was the kit. Good pic also.

Thumbs

I think <b>Lou</b> wants you to send him the root so it won't clutter up your pictures anymore. [}:)] Ha! It looks like it was grown just to pose with pens. With this lighting it adds depth and accent. BTW, that's the best Dymondwood pattern I've seen! Is the pattern arrangement a bit awry between top and bottom on the pen? Doesn't bother me but it might affect some purists here. If it's not, never mind! [:p] Probably just a visual angle/photo thing anyway! [:)]

<b>JohnP</b> there was a post a little while ago about using a plastic tub from Walmart as a light filter/photo booth for pen photography.[;)]

melogic

Great looking set. The photo is awesome as well. I use a white rubbermaid trash can with a white pillow case in it and 2 clip lights with 100W bulbs in them on the outside of the can shining into the sides of the can. I think this is the translucent studio that is being talked about.

John Carr

Thanks for the comments folks.
Bob, you're right, the grain in the top and bottom doesn't line up. I'm so used to making Slimline PENS, that I forgot that the Slimline PENCIL needs to be aligned BEFORE it's pressed together. Guess I shouldn't have been in such a hurry. [:(]
The "Wally World Translucent Box Photo Studio" is indeed a translucent plastic storage box - courtesy of Wal-Mart. I draped a sheet over the outside and positioned a 100 watt lightbulb in one of those $6.95 aluminum clamp-on reflectors on each side. Next time I may add one more on top.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom