The latest from DnR

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Parson

Parson

By the way, "DnR" is Dan Valdez and Randall Neighbour of Houston, Texas!

This pen only took half as much time as the first one we made and has more pieces and not only 45 degree cuts but a 15 degree cut as well (which wasn't easy to get right or glue seamlessly). I think we've got 20 man hours in it.

The wood is thuya burl and I gotta give a shout out to exoticblanks.com for their single color PR used in the project.

This is a Baron FP kit, btw, and our first successful closed end base. Please excuse the crappy photography because the pen is actually quite a bit nicer in real life. This was the best I could do in photoshop to correct it.

I'll shoot some new pix and update this thread soon!

Attachments

• SegmentedThuya1.jpg
    SegmentedThuya1.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 328
  • SegmentedThuya2.jpg
    SegmentedThuya2.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 280
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RIPPIN45

Fabulous pen and well designed. what products did you use for the white (pickguard?) and the striped section in the middle. Great Job!

Parson

Fabulous pen and well designed. what products did you use for the white (pickguard?) and the striped section in the middle. Great Job!

The white section is cheap plastic signage from Home Depot (Beware of dog) that you staple to your fence to scare off thieves. Our next projects will include plastic casing from 3.5 inch floppy disks (of which we have many!) and Coke can aluminum, which turns nicely.

The striped section in the middle is dymondwood... but we won't use it this way again. It does not finish brightly when cut the way we cut it (although it works with the design).

Top Bottom