Latest Dichroic collaboration

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from skiprat

Status
Not open for further replies.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
You may remember when Ed posted a Sierra with Dawn's ( PR Princess )Dichroic glass pen.

Well I just had a go, and this stuff is wild!!!!! Each strip of glass changes colour just by changing the angle by a fraction.
This of course is also Dawn's and also was a Sierra tube.
But I didn't have a Sierra kit so I had to morph it to fit an old Filligree pen. So, apologies for the weird shape[:I]No photo's can do these colours justice. Thanks Dawn for the oppertunity to try this.[:X]

2008110221424_dichro3.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

LEAP

I guess thats one of those that you have to see in person to really appreciate. Unlike some of mine that look better the further away you are.[B)]

winpooh498

Amazing!! I forget from the original pen, is the PR over the glass? or is that a trade secret?? [;)] In which case I know. You could tell me, but then you would have to kill me. [:D][:D][:D]

No matter what the answer-

You did another AMAZING job!!!

bitshird

I also make Dichroic glass Cabochons for jewelry , and my wife has been bugging me since I started turning pens, to make a Dichroic glass pen, But I'll be darned if I can figure out how to fuse the glass to the tubes.
am I correct in guessing that the glass is sliced thin from 1/18th Dichroic sheet and glued to the tube, then PR cast?? Now you folks have confusede me beyond hope, that is a seriously nice pen, I hope my SWMBO doesn't see this,[:p][:p][:0]

IPD_Mrs

Skippy this is why you are in PMG (IMHO) your creativity goes just one step beyond. It is not because of the glass but because you made do with the materials at hand and made a great looking pen. Very classy and I like the shape.

Mike

gwilki

It's easy to run out of superlatives describing your work, Steve. This one is so simple and elegant that it really stands out. I love the shape that you decided on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom