Latest Custom Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from RichF

RichF

I delivered this custom pen to a very happy individual earlier this week.

This pen was done for my now former boss and good friend. He is the Commander of the Operations Group that I was working at before my recent retirement. The pen is designed around a theme based on the unit's emblems.

The cap features the current and historical (WWII) Operations Group patches along with the patches of the four squadrons that compose the group. The barrel has command pilot wings, the two aircraft operated by the group, and his name (not shown). The finials of the pen have the Air Force emblem to round out the design. The emblems are all done with waterslide decals.

The pen uses a #6 Bock nib and 14 mm cap to body threads.

I am really happy with how this one turned out. He was totally elated upon receiving it.

I think I need to make one like it for myself in the future. :biggrin:

Rich

Attachments

• DSC04055.JPG
    DSC04055.JPG
    233.6 KB · Views: 424
  • DSC04056.JPG
    DSC04056.JPG
    232.2 KB · Views: 307
  • DSC04059.JPG
    DSC04059.JPG
    204 KB · Views: 351
  • DSC04062.JPG
    DSC04062.JPG
    218.9 KB · Views: 313
  • DSC04064.JPG
    DSC04064.JPG
    213.6 KB · Views: 295
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

firewhatfire

GREAT DECAL WORK.

I may have to borrow a few elements of this to make one for a fighter pilot I grew up with. He just shipped out to parts unknown.

I didn't know they still did that to colonel's

PenPal

Rich F,

One of the best I have seen with a supurb design to the nib better than any I have seen for a while, such a clean sharp in focus detail in the pen itself, colour to die for pics that are an envy not in your face tasteful and true to the patch.

You deserve one for yourself you deserve it by the way did I say the pen is excellent.

Kind regards Peter.

carlmorrell

Fantastic! Like the colors, custom parts shape, theme, tasteful.

Did you make or acquire the decals? The air-to-air refueling is that a real photo? It looks real.

RichF

Thanks everyone.

Carl,

I made the decals using my inkjet printer. I wasn't sure if the inkjet would give me good enough detail on the small scale, but they turned out totally fine. The refueling image was one that I found that had been digitized from an actual photo. It is good because I didn't have to do any editing.

BSea

That is outstanding. My Dad was a pilot in the AF, so this one hit a little closer to home.

I really like the use of the yellow in the nib. Very nice touch.

Top Bottom