Latest Custom Acrylic: Blue/Black with Chrome Clip

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from drgoretex

drgoretex

Hi all. Here for display is yesterday's finished product.

I had so many requests for a pen similar to the ones I have been doing, but with a clip, that I gave in and made one.

IMG_5757.jpg

IMG_5743.jpg

IMG_5765.jpg

IMG_5768.jpg

IMG_5750.jpg

Comments and critiques welcome.

Thanks for looking.

Ken

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

drgoretex

Thanks, folks!

Great pen! Is the barrel to cap thread a 12mm triple start or something else?

No - this one is a single-start 1/2 x 28 for barrel to cap. I have to turn some new chucks before I start using my triple start. Coming soon...:biggrin:

Ken

wizard

Beautiful!!

Ken, That is an absolutely gorgeous piece of work !! Very clean..threads are well done. The profile and contour of the pen is great. If you don't mind me asking...where did you get the clip from...did you make it?
Thanks so much for sharing! Regards, Doc

IPD_Mr

Beautiful clean threads and an killer pen. So do you have a dust free environment? Great close up shots and not a speck of dust. Very impressive.

drgoretex

Thanks!

Ken, That is an absolutely gorgeous piece of work !! Very clean..threads are well done. The profile and contour of the pen is great. If you don't mind me asking...where did you get the clip from...did you make it?
Thanks so much for sharing! Regards, Doc

Don't mind at all. Sharing how-to info is the whole point of this forum! I wish I had the equip to make my own clips. Hmm..maybe another time, another project... The clip is pilfered from a cigar pen kit. Sadly, I then have no use for the rest of the kit (so if anyone has a hankering to make a bunch of clipless cigar kit pens, I have just the thing :biggrin:).

Beautiful clean threads and an killer pen. So do you have a dust free environment? Great close up shots and not a speck of dust. Very impressive.

Thanks! No, definitely not a dust free environment. Got too many kids for that. :laugh: I just use a damp rag to wipe off during the shoot.

Ken

BSea

The clip is pilfered from a cigar pen kit. Sadly, I then have no use for the rest of the kit (so if anyone has a hankering to make a bunch of clipless cigar kit pens, I have just the thing :biggrin:).
I believe you can get the clip holder assembly that includes the clip from Wood-n-Whimsey. I'm not up on all the new marketing rules, so I hope this is OK.

EDIT: Oh, and BTW . . . . . Great looking pen.

Last edited:

drgoretex

The clip is pilfered from a cigar pen kit. Sadly, I then have no use for the rest of the kit (so if anyone has a hankering to make a bunch of clipless cigar kit pens, I have just the thing :biggrin:).
I believe you can get the clip holder assembly that includes the clip from Wood-n-Whimsey. I'm not up on all the new marketing rules, so I hope this is OK.

EDIT: Oh, and BTW . . . . . Great looking pen.

Thanks for the link!

Beautiful. Did you do the blank too?

Thanks! No, haven't tried my hand at casting yet. Maybe sometime..

Ken

cnirenberg

ken,
I love the finish on your pens. The threads are always clean and crist. Do you buff or just polish? Fantastic looking pen indeed.

Top Bottom