Latest Batch

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Possumpoint

Status
Not open for further replies.

Possumpoint

Got a bored and spent the day turning. There were nine finished but two were sent to the Freedom Pen Project before I took the picture. L to R is two in Ash, Two in Cherry, Two in Ipe and one in Purple Heart. Please excuse the quality of the picture, my digital camera doesn't do well on close ups. Suggestions welcomed.

2006226174833_Pens%20005.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Possum, those are great. Don't you just love all these technical terms we use (whoopty doos). Thanks for supporting our solidiers.

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Possum, I like them. One question though, how is the 3rd from left to write with? From the perspective shown, it looks like the "whoopty doos" are where the pen would be gripped.

Possumpoint

wdcav1952;
I'm more comfortable with a pen that has a texture or grip of some kind rather than a straight barrel. This pen feels different but writes fine. I was experimenting with the technique needed to cut the beads. This is the first of this shape I've ever made. The second one I tried didn't work out so I turned it down to one bead (the Purple Heart one on the far right).

challagan;
I use both a spindle gouge and a skew to cut the beads. I'm not a very experienced turner and still trying different things to see how they work out. I'm using two sizes skews. one is 5/8" and the other is 1/4" These plus the spindle gouge are are antique Craftsman chisels I inherited from my father.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom