Latest Adventure in Segmenting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Alzey

Alzey

This is my latest attempt in segmenting. It is various woods segmented with 3/32 inch yellowheart. It is based on the random segmenting article in the library. I have 5 more blanks from this block and another group with metal segments curing in the clamps.

Comments welcome as it makes us all better craftsman.

Attachments

• DSCN0132.jpg
    DSCN0132.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 359
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SDB777

Pretty cool with the Yellowheart in between each piece of segmented timber...gives it some uniforming look to the different piece. F-n-F look great!!!

Did you make a jig for your table saw to do this, or are you just being careful with the cuts on a bandsaw?

Scott ('tis on the list) B

Alzey

Did you make a jig for your table saw to do this, or are you just being careful with the cuts on a bandsaw?

Scott ('tis on the list) B

I have sled with an adjustable fence on my band saw. I use 2 block of wood to hold the cutting piece so my hands are no where near the blade. I did have an issue where on slice fell through and landed in the guide rollers jamming the blade :eek::eek: Had to unplug the saw so I could open it up an turn the wheels backwards by hand to get it out. Looks like its time to build a new sled so there is less clearance.

Here are 2 other pens I completed from the same the block. The slimline with the rubber grip was requested by my wife for birthday.

Attachments

• DSCN0134.jpg
    DSCN0134.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 102
  • DSCN0135.jpg
    DSCN0135.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 103

WWAtty

I like the different orientations between top and bottom. And I don't think it's too fat. There's a lot going on with all that wood--making it too slim would diminish that.

Top Bottom