Latest 3 pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from spaceengravers

Here are my latest three pens. From left to right:
Black leather stacked and glued with CA- BLO/CA Finish
Antler and 308 casing (first)
Maroon cast (from IAP member) and Katalox in gun metal Cigar -- BLO/CA Finish

The Cigar was my first true TBC from start to finish...I liked it.

Let me know what you think.

Mike

Attachments

• Ringed Leather.jpg
    Ringed Leather.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 282
  • Deer Casing.jpg
    Deer Casing.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 239
  • Crushed Velvet.jpg
    Crushed Velvet.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 245
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Now I take the other side of your layout skills. To me way toooooo much stuff to show a pen off. The pens get lost in the background. To me simple is better. I just am not a fan of props. I come to see a pen not a shoe. Sorry for that.

But as far as the pens go, great job with them. The leather one looks like a real nice fit. Thanks for showing and again sorry for the critique on the photos.

Mr Vic

Whose cartridge pen kit did you use? I'm notincin that some have a standard looking nib as opposed to a bullet look. Overall very good and I like the pictures....

Now I take the other side of your layout skills. To me way toooooo much stuff to show a pen off. The pens get lost in the background. To me simple is better. I just am not a fan of props. I come to see a pen not a shoe. Sorry for that.

But as far as the pens go, great job with them. The leather one looks like a real nice fit. Thanks for showing and again sorry for the critique on the photos.

Sometimes I agree about this but my wife is a professional photographer (although still relatively new), so she takes these opportunities to practice. When you see a more plain picture that might be slightly out of focus, that's when you know it's from me...LOL

Whose cartridge pen kit did you use? I'm notincin that some have a standard looking nib as opposed to a bullet look. Overall very good and I like the pictures....

Vic,
I bought the casings from JohnnyCNC as part of another order, then drilled out the back and installed my own hardware...was an accomplishment, but had some issues with getting the tube perfectly centered, so i might buy some with the tube preinstalled later...

Mike

dustmaker

Pens look great. I like the photos too, the pen in the boot string made me chuckle. My daughter is really into photography and I sometimes don't appreciate her artistic license as much as she would like, but they are her photos, her work. I think the party line around a busy background comes from a marketing point of view and maybe that is what is taught in advertising circles. Dunno, but sometimes I think my pen pics taken in a white light tent tend to be a bit boring. I like what I have seen some folks do with the marble tiles, mirrors and such.

Top Bottom